Wednesday 30 September 2009

Rant 437 / Being Mean

Just when I thought I was the only one surprised at the reactions to Polanski's arrest, I found this article that actually sees sense.

But then I noticed this:

The Catholic Church has rightly been put under a microscope when 4 percent of its priests were involved in abuse,

Four percent! Statistically speaking, a priest has a 4% chance of secretly having certain sinful desires. Churches are dangerous places! The chance of your kid getting sexual abuse from priests while visiting a church is a few hundred times higher than the chance of him getting bitten by a shark while swimming in the sea (0.0127% in Florida in 2005)!

Anyway, it certainly doesn't seem right to me that they would raise all that nonsense to free a paedophile.












(>'_')># I was going to give you this waffle.
#<('_'<) But then I was like.
(>'#'<) I'm hungry.
(>'-'<) So I ate it.













Alright, this is going to be mean, but I just can't resist posting these images. Try to be alone when you look at the following pics so that no one can watch you laugh.
























I'm not opposed to cosplay and neither do I have anything against fat/skinny/cross-dressing people. Confidence in oneself is great, but so is the taste in picking the right outfit. Unfortunately cosplaying is too dependant on your actual looks.

Seeing some of these pics ruined the good memories I had about those games/anime.












The Legend of the Seeker began with a 2-episode special. Watched 3 episodes so far (counting the first as two episodes) and I'm not impressed.

Despite the USD1.5 million per episode budget, I could tell that most of the money went into the computer-generated special effects. There were more of them than I ever saw in Hercules and Xena, both of which use mainly costumes (and sometimes the lack of one) and paint to create a sense of a fantastical world.

Insufficient funds is my guess for why they didn't use many of the elements/characters in the book. The TV series basically used the magical objects and some of the people from the book to create a new plot that bears a little resemblance to the book series.

This makes sense too because viewers who have read the books wouldn't have any strong reason to watch the show if the plots are identical. Also, castles are expensive.

And while I was watching this dinner yesterday, the earthquake happened.

At first I thought I was a little dizzy (blood pressure, maybe), so I just ignored it. Then my mum opened my door and told me it was an earthquake and I should prepare to flee. So I just ignored it.

I mean, seriously, I'm living more than twenty stories above ground. How do I flee? Back to Legend of the Seeker. It was interesting how I could feel the building sway for a few minutes, since I have never felt it before. The last time something like this happened, I was on my bed and didn't notice it.

If the building had collapsed, I wonder how the government was going to explain this despite their claims that all buildings in Singapore were designed to handle earthquakes. But that didn't happen, so I guess they were honest enough decades ago when they constructed this flat.

After the episode I was watching ended, I was imagining in amusement how some people must have been running out of their homes/offices. Personally I find the distance from this island to the nearest fault line to be too large for a huge destructive earthquake to find it's way to us. In other words the possibility is too minuscule. But for people who were working at construction sites, I would totally understand if they ran like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway, some funny quotes:

One man said: "There were a lot of office people on the roadside. We felt it for about five to ten minutes."

Others said their neighbours were screaming and shouting.


And I bet some of the people who tried to get out took elevators. ROFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment