Wednesday 23 September 2009

Rant 430 / The South-Pointing Chariot Is Just Amazing

So what did I learn from 4chan today?

4chan is a very powerful publicity tool. Successful advertising there does not mean buying ad space in the forum, but posting links to the website while pretending to be one of the 4chan users.

If the anons like it, it is amazing what this can do.

For example, today someone posted a link to a webcam site. The usual adult webcams where whores rub themselves and act horny and only paying members get to "go private" with them to see them nude.

Well, not really. This website has a rather different feature which allows registered members to buy tokens with which to tip the women. With this incentive, the online prostitutes would strip naked for everyone watching her webcam even though only a few were tipping.

In 4chan, the link led users to the webcam of a girl who was willing to masturbate in front of them if she received a certain amount of tips. At one point, about 700 males with raging hormones were watching a closeup shot of her lower body performing live in the showers, while typing praises and stuff with their non-dominant hands. Only 5-6 people actually tipped, but the total amount exceeded what she wanted.

I visited a few other rooms, and all of them had about 10+ viewers and the better-looking ones had less than 50.

I'm sure this huge disparity is not just due to her good looks and willingness to perform for free for 695 people, but is mainly because people were spamming her link all the time in 4chan.

Same with Lockerz and certain Youtube celebrities.

And finally, no link. Not for this.









Invited 20 emails addresses for Lockerz, so now I earn PTZ twice as fast. On the other hand, the redeemable items haven't been restocked since I joined, hence even fewer items are available. Also, I'm entitled to a free T-shirt due to my promotion to VIP status, but they mentioned some time ago that they have a backlog, so I will need to wait for my turn.

At this rate, I'm probably going to be able to redeem 20 iPhone skins within a week, plus something better if I use the points in my main account (about a hundred points now). No idea why I would want an iPhone skin, especially these last ones that no one wants.

There is an additional problem - logging on to 21 accounts to type crap for their dailies is something of a hassle. Until they show me something worth getting, I'm not sure I want to go through the process 21 times a day, everyday. Really, there isn't anything good left in all categories.












In some parts of the world, high school students would organise prayer sessions around a flagpole on school or state property. There, the Christian students would pray, then leave. Sometimes they do more than that.

In one instance, they wrote the names of all non-Christians in their high school on a piece of paper, nailed it to a cross and nailed the cross on the flagpole.

This is considered legal, except for the part where they nailed the cross to the pole. No one charged them for vandalism.



Adding comments has been disabled for this video.



You all are so fucked; I'm so going to Heaven. My plan is to convert 3 minutes before I die. I will flip a coin (or get someone to do that), heads for Allah, tails for Jesus. If it stands on the edge, Buddha it shall be.

Then I will whole-heartedly want to repent for my sins, if it's tails. But I wouldn't be able to do anything because I will be dying, except not break any of the 10 Commandments after the conversion.

If I'm to be reincarnated instead, then I'm fucked. I'm probably going to be a pubic lice or something in my next life.

Same with the possibility of Qiyama happening.

I know a lot of old people suddenly get very religious when they think they're dying. A 1 in x chance of ending up in somewhere good is always better than no chance at all (x being the number of religions that are really true). My idea is definitely not original.












I'm typing this instead of doing some healthy last minute revision for the Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery quiz coming in about an hour. Should I stare at my stack of papers some more?

The more important formulae will be provided anyway, so I don't need to memorise too much. Problem is this module is the sort that is simple but incredibly difficult. Remembering facts is not the hard part, but solving the tricky stuff the professors love to set for us is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment