Thursday 1 October 2009

Rant 438 / China Hits 60; 4Chan hits 6!

After days of nonsensical protests, some people finally woke up! Those big shots who made noise before are looking like fools. What they were essentially saying was that a famous and successful artist is above the law. That can be summarized into just one word: bullshit.












The creator of the Legend of Seeker series is the same guy who directed Spiderman 3 and is confirmed to be the director of the Warcraft movie. It's not that bad, since it's way better than handing it to the guy who made Alone in the Dark and the Dungeon Seige movie.

At one point, director Uwe Boll expressed interest in directing the movie, even going so far as meeting with Paul Sams to pitch ideas, but Blizzard stated in no uncertain terms it wanted nothing to do with Boll, whose movie adaptations of video games routinely landed as among the 100 worst rated and reviewed movies in recent memory. They went on record to say to him, "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... not ever to you."

LOL! I have to admit it takes something special in a person to be that notorious.

The Warcraft movie is still in the pre-production stage, so dates are not announced yet. I think they're still searching for a cast. Only the director and screenwriter have been assigned. This film will be written by the same guy who created the Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft universes, so I have certain expectations now. That $100m budget is also part of the reason for my expectations.












http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2009/09/25/schwarzenegger-household-green-plan-short-showers-hydrogen-hummers/

He recalled watching his kids take a stool into the shower to sit and enjoy the hot water — for a long time.

“I’m sitting outside timing it now, and it’s 15 minutes, and still they are in the shower. So I open the shower door and turn off the hot water and then all of a sudden they start screaming, because it is cold,” he said, adding that he had created rules: no shower longer than 5 minutes — or else.


(A quick check at Wikipedia revealed to me that Austria was part of Nazi Germany during WWII.)

Don't know about you, but I only take long showers if I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I'd turn on the hot water and just stand under it, still half asleep. Other than that, I don't shower while taking a stool because I need to read something. I'd probably do that though, if I have plastic books/magazines.

Conservation is still important. Yep, and I'm typing this on a 650W computer that I turn on for 15 hours per day. ^.^

I'm such a hypocrite.















Do not eat/drink when you watch these.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4t03uBWYCw

The above URL leads to a Youtube video that cannot be embedded like the previous.

And for the best I've found so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment