Sunday 18 January 2009

Rant 277 / Damn Acer Laptop! If The Keyboard Was Waterproof, I'd Fry Eggs On It!

It turned out pretty well today when I tried to use the Necrolyte in a DotA game. It was a 5v5 but became 3v4 in the late game stage. 2 of my opponents, 1 of whom was damn pro, got disconnected somehow. One of my teammates left because the game was not in our favour.

But as the game advanced, our team's PL got more and more powerful while our Magnataur became our team feeder as the opposite team kept focusing on hunting him down. It wasn't all that bad since it meant that I didn't feed so much, even though I am the weakest in the game, in terms of HP. Normally, they should have focused on me but our dear Mag fed too much in the early game and was seriously weak.

The new Nec is actually quite easy to use, with 2 passive skills out of the 4. So I have the AoE heal spell and the ultimate spell to use during a battle. Very very easy to use. I just had to keep spamming my D key for the heal (which has a very short 8s cooldown rate) and another finger kept on the R key for my ulti, to be pressed when an enemy has low health.

At first I used my ulti for its stun (1.5s) effect but my teammates told me not to. So I tried to keep the stun out of my mind and treated the skill as a purely damaging spell.

In the end, I still ended up as the second top feeder of the team, since I can die from a mere sneeze of any of the opponents. Still, I managed to heal my team like mad and made our team's PL become practically God-like.

Before we could truly enter the base though, the host conceded and left the game. We all were disconnected because of that.







Finished all 6 seasons of 24. Now onto Heroes. Watched the unaired pilot episode and then the first 2 actual episodes. Found a few discrepancies among them.

The most major change was the apparent removal of the arab terrorist. Maybe he was going to be introduced in the next episode, but so far the story has been changed such that he wasn't linked to anything.

The other was how the policeman discovered his ability to hear thoughts. Probably changed when they decided to remove the terrorist. In the unaired episode, they were raiding the house of a suspected terrorist when he heard the thoughts of the guy hiding in the stairs. This guy was suspected of having links to a nuclear engineer, who was the guy who was cut.

Also, instead of wanting to join the SWAT team (and eventually becoming one), the policeman wants to be a detective.

These are just some of the differences. I don't feel like listing everything.

If you don't get this pic, it's a reference to Anne Frank.





Left4Dead is becoming easier. Maybe I am really playing too much. This is such a dilemma. I feel guilty when I'm pro at a game, but I feel bad when I suck at a game and drag my team down.

Anyway, Left4Dead isn't actually very scary, just exciting. Especially when the tank arrives.


No comments:

Post a Comment