Monday 12 January 2009

Rant 264 / I Just Can't Get L4D Out Of My Head

Always feels good to finish a campaign. The final part where 3 hordes try to rape us plus 3 tanks and many many Smokers, Boomers and Hunters makes the finale freakin exciting. Today, I actually ran out of ammo for my shotgun at the 2nd tank and had to resort to dual pistols when I ran to the rescue plane. And because I was trying to prevent the final Hunter from getting us while we ran to the plane, I turned back to kill it, only to get raped by the hordes in the attempt. Thus I sacrificed myself to save the team.

T.T

R.I.P. me...

36% accuracy!! I think my accuracy is around there.

And I really love the ending where they display all the stats like the scrolling credits at the end of a movie. At the very end, they will say "X zombies were killed in the making of this film." Really humourous.


And on my second game tonight, I joined at the final round of Dead Air. This was on Advanced mode while all my previous completions were at Normal difficulty. Advanced mode was considerably more difficult to beat because everything deals more damage to us and the Tanks have double the HP.

Took 4 tries before we finally won.

38% accuracy!






During the afternoon just now, I decided to mug in the 5th floor of LWN lib in NTU. Heard about it from a friend, who described it as "a Paradise", very quiet and stuff.

I thought that is the very sort of place I want to mug in, so I tried it just now.

Sure enough, it WAS almost completely silent. In fact, I thought the swishing of my pants as I walked to find a vacant table was too loud. LOL! Very cool place! Not too cold, and on one side of the there was an endless row of 8-person-tables complete with 4 power sockets each.

On the other side were individual cubicle desks (or whatever they're called) also with power sockets nearby.

Best of all, IT WAS QUIET!

If you have tried to mug in any studying area NTU, you would notice that either there aren't enough points or it was too cold. And most of all, it was never quiet. Students here love to discuss their freakin projects in areas where people are supposed to mug in. Or chat. FFS, GTFO!!

Perhaps few people know about this new area, called the Quiet Zone. It was built above the 4th floor of LWN library during the Dec holidays. I never knew about it because I never returned to school except to bring back my stuff from the hostel.

Man, I love that place. In other places, when someone decided to talk, they would begin in a slightly-softer-than-usual volume. As the discussion grows more exciting, the volume would rise, till it becomes a full-blown chat complete with loud laughter and stares from other people.

No I'm not referring only to foreigners. Sometimes, the locals need to understand they aren't much better than any other foreigners. I blame the relative lack of foreign news on our media for this.

Anyway, today when I was doing my tutorials there, a pair of foreign students (basically a couple) sat behind me. The guy started to chat her up with the abovementioned slightly-softer-than-usual volume, but the girl's voice was so soft it was close to inaudible to me. I'm quite grateful for that.

And soon the discussion died and they went on to study their stuff.

I believe it was because the place was so quiet( I could clearly hear every single word the guy said, even though it was softer than normal), they didn't want to disturb the silence. Hell, the people 2 tables away from me could probably hear my stomach growl if it did growl.

Also, I must commend on the design of the tables. There is nothing blocking my legs beneath the tables, so I can stretch my legs if no one is seated directly opposite. Which was what happened just now. There were enough tables for everyone who came up here.

I love the place. I hope it stays that way till I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment