Tuesday 13 January 2009

Rant 266 / I Do Not Envy Short People. There Is Nothing Funny About Smelling Crotches All The Time.

The "juices" that the gravlax recipe mentioned is now visible. As I turned it over just now, I saw some fluids flowing in the cling wrap. Nothing leaking out of the box. So far so good. I just hope nothing is rotting inside.






Existence precedes essence. It's defined as: your deeds define your "essence" or your life. Everything that your do during your existence on Earth defines who you are. You are not defined by an inherent "essence" (essence precedes existence).

This is radically different from how I interpreted it. So I sucked. But hey, I'm still a really newbie and amateur philosopher.

This seems more like a view from outside. To everyone who isn't you, you are defined by what you do because that is what they can see. Whatever other factors that makes you you that aren't visible, no one else can see.

On the other hand, to yourself, you can be defined by a given reason. Maybe you were taught from young that you live to do certain things, be a certain sort of person. This gives you an inherent essence to define yourself with. This is the view from the inside.

But who really cares about how you define yourself? No one in human history was defined by what he thought he was, only what historians thought he was. In the long term, only other people's opinions count. No one really gives a flying fuck about what you believe you are.

Therefore, it is more important and helpful to believe that existence precedes essence. Yes, this also implies that I believe in both, or disbelieve in both. I cannot know which precedes which, but I can believe.

Whichever works.

By believing that you are born a certain person, you are limiting yourself in terms of choices in life. This is impractical and serves no purpose. Perhaps it may give you pride, I don't know. But if you're going to screw yourself up, there are better ways to do that.







I hate serious conversations. Anything seriously emotional, I detest. I know some people are quite emotional when it comes to certain topics, but seriously, I'm not the person to talk to if that's what's on your mind.

I am too emotional already on my own.

And guys who talk to me about emotional issues give me the heebie-jeebies.

I fear emotions. They often overrule my thoughts, making me impulsive. It is a destructive force that does not do enough to offset the troubles it brings. It makes me say things that I do not want spoken.

Yet it is the one force that is often irresistable.

Everything I do, I try not to do seriously. Unless I'm alone and no one is around to witness my madness and mistakes.

Somehow I just hate serious emotions in conversations.







FFS!! Don't take my captions for all my photos in FB seriously! Nothing is true!! Gah! Who the heck actually takes them for real anyway?!?






So HX is actually very serious about his present relationship. The things he said to me, though I couldn't stand the seriousness of his tone, were quite a revelation. I did request that he reveal to her his true feelings, instead of to me, but he's probably too shy. The degree of seriousness hits about 8 out of 10, for his relationship with his gf.

Very different from what I see normally.

I have never spoken to him about his love life, so yea, I know a lot more about it now.







Another wallpaper dump.




No comments:

Post a Comment