Sunday 29 April 2012

Rant 986 / Purge It In Flames



THE MUSIC LOOPS BECAUSE THE EMPEROR WILLS IT SO!

If it doesn't, PURGE IT IN FLAMES!

Or hit F5 until it does.





















Made an account on Livestream (and a few others just to try them out) for the stream on this blog.

Since I'm in the GMT+8 timezone, it's unlikely that the channel will be very active at any given time. In any case, the channel's only limited to 50 viewers until the channel grows sufficiently, something which I'm currently not planning to work towards.

Also added that link so that it's clear what time it is in my part of the world right now.

When it's live, there will be a prominent red sign that says "LIVE" at the bottom of the stream, so hopefully there won't be any confusion about this.





















Surprised that Wasteland 2 didn't hit US$3M. It was so close, at $2.93M.

Then again, the Kickstarter page doesn't include money that went through Paypal which they might have also used. I don't know if they did and I CBA to check.

It might have hit $3M, but AFAIK it didn't.



Shadowrun Returns is at 14 hours from the end and it's at US$1.722M. This wasn't so surprising.

With Paypal's portion included, they claim to be only $233k short.

14 hours, $233k.

Anything can happen. I'll know for sure tomorrow.




















The iPad is working out pretty well for me right now. Good for taking down notes and storing numbers but unfortunately, I have yet to convert the photos of the written lists into tables yet.

And I don't even have an updated set of photos because my storage is so full a few paths have been sealed temporarily by the new stacks of jackets I've decided to unpack for the Australian winter.

I have to, regardless of any space issues I have. They were meant for this season and must begin to get out into the stores so that I can get things moving.

If this stuff doesn't go out, new stuff can't come in. With nothing moving, it would be like a clogged artery; my business will suffer a cardiac arrest.

Speaking of goods, I haven't been ordering enough. It's a bad sign when I have more cash than expected in my business account, cash that should have been spent already if I've been doing things right.

I want to get more, but somehow there's just no space for them.

How did she handle this back then?

She'd never mentioned such a problem before.

It's weird because all my stuff are selling decently, which in turn is because I'm perfectly willing to agree to any price cuts the buyers suggest. Whatever makes them sell, I'm ok with it.

That's why I'm baffled by this lack of space.

What am I doing wrong?




But anyways, it really does feel nice to have internet access any time, but I don't have much use for it. My business is relatively unknown so it's usually unnecessary to check it more than twice a day, which I do in the morning and evening.

There is really nothing to do with it because of the lack of Flash support. Most of the other things I use the Internet for require that, so I feel that I'm underutilising the 3G feature.




And sweaters. I need new sweaters and cardigans for men. I've been doing mainly ladies' stuff and a bit of unisex ones for the last few months and my buyers are kinda anxious for some mens' items.

But I have no space.

What do?




And colours. This is really stupid but I can't figure out why one shade of a certain popular colour suck more than the other shades. I have a few different items with this colour but apparently, one of the shades is selling worse than the other colours that the same design uses.

I can't understand why this is so because I have a jacket with a slightly darker shade and another with a slightly lighter shade and they're selling much better than their counterparts of different colours.

Obviously the colour is fine, but the shade is making it perform terribly. Doesn't make sense to me.

This is beginning to make me agree slightly with my mother about one thing - that maybe it was not a bad idea to have a sister.










Now I'm also confused about whether this one buyer is trying to help me or screw me over.

Her advices are rather mixed - some have proven to be good and some don't look very sound to me.

I don't get this either, so I'm currently inclined towards the theory that she's really that bad at certain aspects of her job despite evidence to the contrary.























Oh them Korean pussies.






















With Internet access being so easily available today, won't many old ideas that have been impractical in the past be more feasible today?

An example would be direct democracy, in which everyone gets to vote in every issue without the need for representatives in the government.

If not now, then maybe in the near future.

It will be funny to see entire countries being disappointed by what we now call "minorities" and "black sheeps" when these groups outnumber the other people who care enough to vote, especially when there are too many things to vote on.

Anyways if certain countries like Spain have it now, I bet the people would be voting against further austerity measures. And if Greece had had it, it could be worse - the country could be out of the EU already. I'm pretty damn sure the Greeks would have voted against several bills in the recent past despite full knowledge of the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment