Sunday 15 April 2012

Rant 976 / Never Use Salt With Bad Coffee



You better fcking smile.





















Looks like I'm going to have to re-calculate everything just because of the change in rent. The guy on the other end hasn't replied to my query but I don't expect a positive reply.

I've always expected problems to crop up so this doesn't come as a surprise.



















What's up with the increased page views this blog's been getting lately?

I'm used to seeing roughly between 70-110 page views daily in my Overview graph for the week and it's been holding at that rate for... I don't know, a year?

Now it's gone up to somewhere around 150 for a whole week.

The strangest thing is, Google is telling me there's no specific traffic source and the incoming traffic isn't going to any page in particular.

I have no idea what's going on.


Oh well, it's going to drop back to 100 or below once I stop blogging for a week or so, as I have done every so often in the past.


























I don't know how to advance in Towns anymore. I just cannot clean out the third level where the goblin leaders are.

Right now I'm giving everyone bone armour sets and stone weapons because iron is so rare I need all of them for stoves and such and I'm only getting some copper. Strangely enough, I'm finding far more copper than iron which doesn't usually happen.

After my last foray into the dungeons, I managed to exchange 30 soldiers for quite a bit of goblinite. However, I don't have an ITE smithy so I can't make Goblinite armour nor weapons.

I could say I'm kind of stuck in something that's extremely close to a stalemate, except I'll still win eventually by means of attrition warfare - I get new immigrants, they don't.

It's going to be a pyrhhic victory, giving me a lot more graves by the time I get through this level, but it's not like I have anything else to do in the long term in this game.

Graves are a serious problem right now because they produce ghosts occasionally, and my soldiers have been getting gradually whitted down to nothing because they have to keep fighting ghosts all the time.



I have admit this isn't going very well at the moment. This game needs a frickin exorcist!

Without a good way to get rid of these ghosts, I'm going to have to resort to cheating and just destroy all corpses and graves.




















GOG.com looks pretty interesting and they keep offering sales regularly. Like right now, they're offering 50% off for the old Interplay games.

It's mostly about classic games so the prices are all pretty low anyway. Fallout 1 and 2 are going for US$2.99 each and that's half-price, while Heroes of Might and Magic III goes for US$9.99, no discount.

I'm going to wait and see how low the prices can go when the festive season sales begin, mainly because I'm in no hurry to play those games.

On the other hand, it's not a bad idea to take advantage of the slightly more favourable SGD-USD exchange rate at the moment.

Nah, the difference isn't big enough.

















Shadowrun's fundraising on Kickstarter hits a million bucks. Not too shabby. On the other hand, it's probably still far more than was necessary.

The game's going to be a 2D turn-based RPG that mixes cyberpunk with fantasy, with character classes like Street Samurai, Hacker and Shaman.

I think that hybrid genre has been used before so it's not totally new, but there just isn't enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment