Monday 2 April 2012

Rant 964 / Nine Sets In A Year

Wait, seriously? Google's going to start selling shitty cheap tablets?

Google is teaming with Asia-based hardware makers on a low-priced, 7-inch tablet computer to challenge offerings by Amazon.com and Apple, reports said Thursday.

What?

$199 tablets?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

There are about 108 tablets that cost less than US$200 right over at DX!

And that's just one single China-based online store among many others.

Unless Google can come up with something that makes their tablets stand out, I'm not sure what those guys are trying to pull here.























This game looks... strangely... interesting.

I think.


















Finally figured out how I can build a town that can survive indefinitely without my constant attention.

Just needs a lot of wheat farms, mills and a huge bakery.

But I guess having a lot of cows would do too.

Right now I have way too much flour and the people aren't consuming bread quickly enough, causing a rather massive stockpile of flour to build up around the mills - my stockpile zones have been completely filled and I'm avoiding having new ones far from my food production area.

Just like new settlements in the real world, once the food supply has been stabilized that's when the fun begins.

Managed to clear out the froggies and spiders with wooden armours and stone weapons but I have yet to explore the second underground level.

Also only recently learnt about sieges because my games never used to last long enough to see one.

Sieges are rare random events in which a random number of a random type of hostile creature spawns. So far I've been fortunate enough to see only a couple of them little spiders each time so it's no big deal.

Just in case things don't go so well in the future, I've equipped all civilians with the same stuff I give my soldiers - wooden armour sets except for bone chestplates when bones are available, and stone weapons.

I've yet to work on Spiderite equipment at the moment.

I'm multitasking too much to start on that. Mostly I've been playing four to five games and watching V2 when something interesting is being streamed... simultaneously.

Civ 5 and Towns on the PC, and Words with Friends HD, Shadow Era TCG, Paradise Cove, Zenonia 4 on the iPad.

I think it's obvious how that works if you have tried all of these games.

And that was why I was more enthusiastic than before about finding out how I can build a town that sustains itself while I'm looking elsewhere.

Best of all, it's perfectly safe to keep the iPad plugged in even when it's full (yea I'm kinda outdated in this sort of thing) so I'm basically keeping it that way while I play.

Anyway, 2 weeks till I get my accessories. In the meantime, without the casing I'm debating whether I should bring it to work.

If I do, I'll have to use it without the wrapper on. I know it's weird to use it this way but that's what I'm doing at home to prevent whatever damage I have yet to think of. Not that I've tried hard to imagine what could possibly happen but that's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment