Friday 27 April 2012

Rant 985 / Potatoes Gonna Potat

Oh hey look what I just found!





 Inb4 Steam ban.





















Diablo III coming out soon!

Not buying it yet.

Too expensive.

I'm just a poor guy who can't afford even a legit Apple HDMI cable.





I like some of the criticism the game is getting.

1) Apparently, Diablo III is too much of a "clickfest".

2) Health orbs are too unrealistic.

Because Diablo II has auto-attack, and unbreakable bottles of health potions that explode from a dying giant slug-like boss is totally realistic, right?



















Educational visit again at one of the stores.

I've been giving them sweaters of random designs because I had no idea what is popular, and I realized things are quite different from what I expected.

For one, the design of my 100% cotton sweaters is terrible but its colours are great.

Too bad.

Moreover it's cotton, so it's not exactly selling even though it's just $19.00 apiece.

Bad.

The most notable thing about the visit was their request for cashmere sweaters.

100% cashmere!

Kiss. My. Ass.

The people who visit their stores may be asking for 100% cashmere, but I'm willing to bet only 2-3 of them each year can actually afford one.

I'm not even exaggerating the slightest bit here.

The $200 sweater I bought was likely not 100% cashmere. If I'm to sell a genuinely 100% cashmere sweater, my target price would have to be within the $300-$400 range!

You see, my mum had one sweater that was 20% cashmere, 15% acrylic and 65% wool. It's been like 2 years since it first came out, and the price has just dropped to about $120 last month.

$120. Dropped to. 2 years.

If that was 100% cashmere, $200 would have been impossible.

So that means that branded store was also bullshitting on its tags. You can't sell a 100% cashmere adult sweater for $200. Either the store or its suppliers are being dishonest. Or they own a ranch and a factory to produce its own cashmere sweaters.

Btw that store is in fact dishonest. If you ask the salespeople for the country of origin of their products, they usually would tell you it's Japan.

When a product doesn't come with a tag that says "Made in Korea" or "Made in Japan", the purpose is to give the salespeople room to... mislead... the customers. After all, it's unlikely that a customer can prove both that the salespeople said it was made in Japan AND that it really was not.

This is particularly true for branded/chain stores since they have a reputation to maintain. For cheaper stores, they don't really care about this point.

If I have a product that's really made in either of those countries, I'd be happy to flaunt this fact just to have an extra excuse to jack up my prices. There's really no reason to hide it if it were true.

Also, I'm not going to name the store. Have fun guessing.


Anyway the buyers recommended that I get ones that contain either 20% or 5-10% cashmere instead, but I think I'm going to do neither.

20% has already proven to be unpopular for years. As for 5-10%, only an industry veteran can feel the difference. An average person like myself would be buying it just for the mere thought of that material and not because he can actually tell that there's cashmere in it.

And I'd be completely retarded to dabble in 100% cashmere just to please that 2-3 people who asked for it. It's going to cost me somewhere between $100-250 just for a sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment