Monday 16 April 2012

Rant 977 / Glorious Democracy Will Not Be Hindered By The Mere Limits Of Mortality

Putin is so popular, even the dead ressurected themselves to vote for him.

Most of the Kremlin’s efforts were focused on Moscow, where an exit poll suggested that United Russia had won less than 30% support. But after a long delay the result came in at 46.5%, supporting Stalin’s famous maxim that it is the counting rather than the voting that matters. The internet boiled over with stories of election-rigging. In some regions turnout appeared to exceed 140%. In Chechnya United Russia scored 99.5%. A similar result was reported in a Moscow psychiatric hospital.

Not even death will stop democracy!

Clearly the influence of Putin's party has spread beyond the boundaries of the mortal world.

(I know, old news. Still funny though, unless you're Russian, and if so I'm sorry).

People who think Singaporean politics is disgusting know nothing about real democracy!























I'm glad this isn't happening here, or I'd be moving to another country immediately.

















So it's been 49 days since her death and I was supposed to do something about it.

I didn't.

All I did was get a monk to perform some ritual to bring my father's spirit back to the columbarium from the altar at home.

Now I'm not sure what I should do with the altar. The monk said I could do anything with it so I guess I should call the Town Council to get some people over to handle it.

An uncle is coming tomorrow to burn some stuff for her so I bought a few bags for my parents and my recently deceased grandmother to burn together with his stuff tomorrow at the temple.

Also bought some vegetarian food and fruits but I'm undecided on whether I should bring them.

Probably will.

Whatever.


















Finished Grotesque Tactics 2.

This genre is a good backup for those times when few games are fun and have not been played recently, but this game isn't something I'd spend even $5 on.

I think I got it from some indie pack or something.

The story is mediocre, the humour is incredibly offensively misogynistic and the gameplay is average at most.

The story could have been better, but the pace pretty much killed the whole thing.

I wouldn't say the humour was terrible but if you aren't female, chances are you could find a few chuckles here and there just like in a Ben Stiller film, and by "chuckles", I meant the sort that may require a bit of conscious effort to produce.

Heck, that was probably made pretty clear when I mentioned "Ben Stiller film" anyway.

As for the gameplay, seriously, meh.

Equipment - nothing special, just a new set after every few missions or so.
Items - just potions, 2 types of HP potions, 2 MP and 2 others.
Skills - hahahaha!
Combat - the only tactic you need to know is to hit them from behind while avoiding the same from them.

The main reason I played and finished the game is that it's so easy there was little to demotivate me from continuing the story.

Besides, such games are rare on the PC these days.

Kudos to testers though because other than the quest bugs, the game feels pretty bug-less TBH. No crashes or whatever.

Fck the guy who programmed the camera though. It's through this game that I learnt that it is an extremely terrible idea for the camera to accelerate and decelerate when moving around, however smoothly it goes. Just swing or jump to that spot immediately.

Another gripe I have with the camera is that I can't zoom far enough and there's no minimap. Give me some way to see the entire map at one go, dammit!

All in all, a semi-decent game if you already own a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment