Saturday 21 April 2012

Rant 981 / "Wypierdalaj" And "Spierdalaj" Are Both "Hello" In Polish :3



Luckily for us, none of the Hitman games were as disturbing as this.

And by "disturbing" I mean seriously disturbing on multiple levels.


























So I've finally got a reply from my landlord and the company is offering me a slightly different contract that could be much more beneficial for the both of us.

Initially the contract offered to me would last 3 years and the gross rate would be uniformly at about 40% above my current rate. Now, the company representative is offering me a 5-year contract in which the rate will increase by less than 10% from the first year to about 25% in the final year.

This is far lower than the original shorter contract and extremely awesome IMO, so I guess they're really focused on the long term.

Honestly speaking though, I have very little motivation to shift anyway. It takes a lot of work and money to do it, especially when most offices in the industrial areas are only furnished with the lights and the sprinklers on the ceiling.

In comparison, a friend of mine who has just gotten a new unit nearby got a "special" rate of about 30% over my current rate, which was fantastic for a shorter contract compared to the one that I got. I don't really know how many years his contract lasts but as a brand new startup I find it hard to believe he would go for a 5-year contract.

However, I am concerned about the length of time because my future is pretty uncertain here. If shit happens this year, 3 years are the longest that I think I can last. Therefore 5 years is very risky for me.

That's why I'm now asking him about the consequences of premature termination. The closest thing I can find in his emails is the line "no pre-termination clause" and I have no idea what that means. Yes, I've also asked him to clarify on that in my reply.

Now I'm waiting for his explanations.

If I were confident about my business, I would have jumped on that 5-year contract without thinking. Now, I must take into account the risks and consequences of an unhappy ending and see if it's really worth it.



















Now playing Dragon Age 2 again. I didn't complete it the last time because it got too hard on Hard difficulty and hence stopped being fun.

Currently playing as a Warrior class on Normal so that I can do without Aveline. I don't want to go with the "moral" decisions all the time and I don't want turn her into an enemy or anything.

I'm also kinda curious about why everyone hates the game so much. I find the game rather well-designed, like the tactics system for the allied AIs. It's so nicely made I can find the right instructions almost all the time, which makes me wonder how much time and effort they put into it.



















As expected, the casing wasn't a perfect fit for my iPad. It was the first and only casing available on DX before the iPad was even released so it wasn't surprising to find that it's probably meant for the iPad 2, which is slightly thinner than the new iPad, and the manufacturer was being full of shit, which is typical of manufacturers in China.

Still, it fits except it's kinda bloated because it's slightly too small. And it stands and only cost US$10.

The pouch fits too so that's good.

As for stuff that my friends asked for, I'll be mailing them via snail mail. Since both the packages are about 100g each, it's only S$0.80 each, far cheaper than any other way except for walking.

iPhone screen protector and casing = 49g

3 20cm USB extensions cords = 61g

It's even cheaper than taking a single trip on a bus these days.

Now my new concern is the weight, an issue that was completely unimportant compared to the possibility of a router or casing that doesn't function as expected. Since they're all settled now, it's the most pressing issue I've got regarding this.

My bag is heavy enough as it is with all the papers, umbrella and water, and now I've got to throw in the iPad-with-casing (0.827kg) and the router-with-modem-in-a-shell (0.106kg).

That's almost another whole kg in my bag.

I'm going to need to get rid of the documents. Keep them in the office probably.




















So there's this Japanese anime that depicts Nyarlathotep as a kawaii loli.

What. The. Fuck?



(」・ω・)」 (/・ω・)/ (」・ω・)」 (/・ω・)/ (」・ω・)」 (/・ω・)/


No seriously, wtf? Nyarlathothep is one of the evil beings (or deities, if you can call that a "deity") created by H.P. Lovecraft, one of those that can choose to be pretty terrifying in appearance. I think that should sufficiently describe the level of... wrongness... involved in this.

And if you don't know who Lovecraft is, you can go screw yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment