Friday 13 April 2012

Rant 975 / Game Of Thrones RPG





















So Wasteland 2 is probably going to have the same isometric view as Fallout. From his language it's obvious nothing has been set in stone.

If the graphics are really like Fallout or better, awesome!
























Yea...










































So the contract for my office rent is ending soon and they're offering me a new 3-year contract with a new rate.

I have a major issue against this new contract - they're jacking up the rent by 40%!

FORTY PERCENT!

Is this even normal?

...


So after asking a friend who had recently set up an office in another block nearby, I realize the new rate is kind of normal. I guess I'm probably just jaded from the awesome rate my mum somehow got years ago.























Ever wondered about how every video that features such stupidity never ends in death?

Is Death allergic to idiocy?

The answer is no.






















Proof that we're not very nice people.



















My poor town in Towns got wiped out by a bunch of giant spiders during an amazing double siege.

And by "bunch" I mean like 40 of them or so, enough to form a list that spans from beyond the top of my screen to somewhere outside the bottom of it.

It was like the frickin Spanish Inquisition - whoever would have expected a siege the moment I unpause the first siege warning?

So after I did my routine of increasing my standby militia from 8 (out of about 33 residents) to 15, I realized after first contact that they weren't enough. Moreover, they were not going in together but one after another due to them spreading out before the siege.

By the time 10 soldiers died, I decided to mobilize every resident I had except for 5 in the expectation that this should end the battle.

Nope.

Desperate, I converted another 3 to soldiers before looking at the number of spiders remaining and decided it was over.

Reloaded the last save from hours ago.

This time, I'm taking advantage of the fact that the monsters cannot penetrate walls.

It's not that I don't have a fort but that I need my people to obtain resources from across the river. Since they need to do that, I've got to have a door and that's a weakpoint in my defense.

Fortunately, there is a bit of land that goes across the river in the middle of the map, so I'm walling off that area and up to the entrance to the mines on that side of the map.


The reason I needed to get there is because I accidentally broke through the riverbed and the river is currently flooding the entire half of the dungeon on this side.

The worst thing about it, other than the fact that I'd already explored and linked most of this side with tunnels, is that the flood overwhelms all walls. There is still a bit that is still unconnected and therefore will remain dry, but I need a larger source of easy stones.




Okay, so I've completely walled off my settlement... only to realize new immigrants can't get in.

Replacing a segment of the wall with a door is only a temporary solution because monsters can easily break it down, rendering the entire fort pointless.

It looks like I should use a tunnel to bypass the wall and destroy the ladder when monsters attack.

Not sure what I'm going to do when new immigrants arrive after that though.

Hmm...

The only way will be to exploit the Add Fluid function and drown the monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment