Tuesday 3 April 2012

Rant 965 / PLP

I wanted to have a quiet Monday till 2pm before going to work.

Nope.

Work called at 12pm when I was just done making my second cup of coffee.

Damn Mondays.

Alright, back to the worries.




















The diving parts do not look fun and neither was the loading screen.

Great week! Good Friday plus all these April Fools stuff to check out everywhere on the Internet.








FCK YEA!

Oh wait I never had a NES...

And the trial actually exists.




Made by Square Enix.

Dohohoho!







TROLOLOL!















I don't get it.

If a person wants a position in a bigger department with a better future, why would he want to suck at his current job?

Where's the logic?

But that seems to be what a buyer of mine is doing.

The other day when I visited him, which was the second time in my entire career, it got seriously awkward because, well, let's just say his specialty field was probably Jack Shit.

I'm not a great conversationalist, but at least I can talk shop with his counterparts in other stores.

When it comes to this guy, nope. Everything regarding work had to go through his salesgirls. It was definitely better if I could just talk directly to the one he summoned that day, but protocol is protocol.

Honestly, I'd very much prefer to just skip the chain of command and discuss work with the people under him instead.

So on that day, whatever work-related topic I tried to use to start a discussion turned into a Q&A session in which he simply passed the questions to her and she replied directly to me.

He didn't even have to translate, and his salesgirls frankly aren't as enthusiastic about their work as the ones in other stores.

I just ended it and left after 3-4 questions.

What. The. Fuck.

What exactly is the point of having him around?

A buyer who can't talk and know nothing about his department's range of products is just a deadweight for the company!




Today when I spoke to the one I was most familiar with, I learnt he really wanted the position in another department that occupied a massive portion of the store he worked at.

I was just casually mentioning how the visit was so uncomfortable and he didn't know anything about the stuff he's selling which was strange for someone working in that particular position. Therefore I was curious if he was unhappy with his job or something.

Apparently all the other managers except the one he's under were against the decision to promote him because they didn't think he had what it takes. Moreover, during his orientation under her, he wasn't interested in learning at all as if he already knew everything.

So now he's just there doing who-knows-what. He was promoted when I just started taking over last year and was on his orientation during one of my first solo visits to the buyers, and he still knows nothing about his products today.

Judging from the fact that he actually got promoted and remained there after all these months, I'd say that this mystery activity he engages in all the time at work can only be translated to Hokkien as "por lan pa".

Or "kiss ass" in English.

Besides, if he is screwing up his job while hoping for a transfer to a better department, that kinda supports the idea that he had to stoop to that level for any promotion in the first place. That's quite likely the extent of his intelligence after all.

Someone's ass/lan pa must be sore right now from some hardcore kissing/por-ing.

















So after a very long search, I've finally come to the conclusion that there is no app available, either paid or free, that allows me to post photos in spreadsheets other than the one whose name I was not very familiar with previously.

It's called "Blog Docs - Google Docs HTML Editor for Wordpress Blogger Tumblr & Email".

It's very likely that I'm mistaken but I unable to try out most of the paid apps so I'm not going to find out.

Googling for an answer gave me nothing solid and browsing the app store was a big waste of time.

Oh well, it's just US$0.99. The only issue I have is that it doesn't look very nice if I don't get some skills in HTML, and I don't know HTML so I'm using basic functions like insert photos and tables.

Makes them look very plain and unpolished but it's cheap and functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment