Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rant 978 / Enjoy Your Lemons!




















SCIENCE!





















Perhaps the greatest Italian film I've ever watched.

Not to mention it's the only one, but this alone should not diminish the fact that it is the greatest.




















The Lemon Law sounds as if our government is listening to the idiocy on the Internet. Protecting the consumers?

Hah!

The only people on the retail side who are going to suffer are the ones working in customer service.

Already I'm being advised to gradually jack up my prices to cover the potential increased losses once the law is in effect.

6 months! Customers have 6 months to return the sold products and they don't even have to prove anything!

Of course we're going to see a lot more used-and-washed clothes being sent back to us... 6 months after we sold them.

Most retail companies are already trying to make guesses and estimates on how much more they're going to lose, then adjust their new prices accordingly.

Why would businesses let themselves be at a disadvantage because of this?

That would be stupid, like myself if I didn't have anyone to tell me I should do it soon.

And to think so many morons were celebrating online about this new law.




Clearly the 7% GST isn't enough; Singaporeans have too much money to throw at us.

Speaking of GST, do you know who's going to get a raise in a few months' time?

The only consumers who are going to benefit are the ones who return defective goods and get some sort of refund, and only at the expense of all the others who didn't.

I'm annoyed because I'm also a consumer and I recognize the fact that I'm going to be in the latter group almost all the time.

On the other hand, I'm glad I'm not in the retail business.


No comments:

Post a Comment