Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rant 983 / A Fridgeful Of Fruits

Shopping is tiring work.

Just bought a piece of 100% cashmere sweater and a woolen one at a store along Orchard Road for self reference. Had to be branded for me to have a certain degree of confidence that they are what they are supposed to be.

I've been so stupid! My buyers haven't been asking me for 100% woolen sweaters; they were asking me to get mixed ones.

That's why I can never get anything from my supplier that's similar enough to what they wanted.

I totally had a mental facepalm when I realized it.

And yes, I'm really that bad at my job.

But fuggit. Since I can afford to suck, I'm just going to keep on embarassing myself until I know all that I need to know.

And I know I'm going to be pretty embarassed when I explain to that supplier that it was all my fault.

Good thing she's worked with my mum for a decade so it's not as bad as making this mistake in front of a total stranger.

Got to be positive, y'know.

And cashmere. Oh man, cashmere.

Apparently none of the sweaters we sell are 100% cashmere, which is why as a newbie, I couldn't really tell the difference between those and some others that don't contain cashmere.

When I held that 100% cashmere sweater in my hands, holy crap! I could totally feel the difference! Never mind that it was almost S$200, I just had to get one to constantly remind myself what I'm feeling for.

That's the goal, the target, the finale, the clearing in the forest, the one ring, etc etc.

Now that I have a piece of 100% wool and another of 100% cashmere, hopefully they can help me be less noob in the future.

Basically, my aim is to balance between the luxury of cashmere and the price of wool, because none of my buyers target the very wealthy, only the upper middle class at most.

Unfortunately, my current sweater supplier doesn't do cashmere because it costs too much, so I'm going to have to find one that does soon. Probably this week.





















After all the effort I put into protecting that portable router, I discovered that I had missed a major issue - heat.

Derp.

This makes it pretty hard for me to keep it wrapped up, so I guess I must keep it in a well-ventilated area or something.

Or I could just use 3G only when I'm in a restaurant or something where I can leave it on the table while I use it, because there is no feasible method as far as I can tell to keep it switched on in my bag.






















I don't really know which lawyers to pick so I randomly picked one with a decent website.

They said it was going to cost me several thousand dollars to get the Letter of Administration.

Went for it anyway. It's just a one-off thing, not like I'm going to need to do it regularly.

I'm also going to need a Hong Kong lawyer after that. No idea how I'm going to get one. Maybe ask a relative. I don't really know right now.



















After all this, I'm glad I don't have to get out of the house tomorrow. Not that it was terrible, just tiring. Doesn't mean I've got nothing to do tomorrow, just that I can do everything I need to finish at home.




















Just realized Dragon Age 2 has mods at Dragon Age Nexus. Oh boy!














Tintin was a nice movie. The expensive computer generated graphics style wasn't actually necessary because the old cartoon style was perfectly fine IMO. Moreover, I feel that it didn't really add much to the film.

Our graphics still haven't advanced to the point where everything looks completely real in the film, and I believe it was supposed to be a live action film with impossible stunts and characters who looks almost identical to their counterparts in the comics.

All the unrealistic things in the graphics kinda ruined it. For example, all their skin looks silicone-ish in bright light, as if it's a trifle translucent.

No comments:

Post a Comment