Monday 25 July 2011

Rant 819 / The World May Be Your Oyster, But It Sure Isn't Mine.

It was so embarassing. I hadn't been sleeping well and have become quite absent-minded. Yesterday when some relatives came I wore my shirt inverted. Twice. I have no idea what I was thinking. I flipped my shirt and somehow got it still inverted.

...

Wasn't so bad this time. Another group of relatives came. The above was the family of one of my mum's sisters. This time they came together with the family of one of my mum's brothers.

No trouble except I gave my cousins the wrong email.

Damn Murphy and his laws.

That email is owned by me but it's one of the "less serious" ones that's also kinda associated with this blog.

This means if they ever google the name in the email address in some form, there is the possibility they might find this blog.

I don't want my relatives to know me as this person.











Got to go back to the army camp tomorrow. Purely for wasting time. Apparently it's Battalion Day tomorrow, whatever that means. When I called the NS hotline, the guy told me it's most likely some games and such, which explains why I'm also supposed to bring my PT attire.














Growth. It's a joy at first and a pain at the end.

Growth is a neccesity.

So much so that an organization has to grow by hook or by crook.

It's not like they even have a choice.

And it pisses people off when they do it by crook.

People work for money. People stay in the same job for the promise of future pay raises.

Fact is, there are too many new employees versus the number of management positions. Ergo, not everyone can get to become managers. Ergo, at a certain point, they're going to stop getting pay raises.

Unless the pay of everyone else also rises.

How do you accomplish that?

Growth.

Similarly, a country needs growth, especially one that's run like a company.

Everyone wants to climb up the ladder.

The catch is, there can only be so many people at the top.

How do you make the people at the bottom feel like they've risen then?

Put more people below them.

How?

Your kids. The next generation. The newbies.

What happens if your country doesn't produce enough kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment