Sunday 17 July 2011

Rant 814 / Dies Illa, Dies Irae. Calamitaties Et Miseriae.

TA-Q-BIN delivery service from Yamato Transport is amazing. I hadn't checked the email associated with Opentrolley 2 days ago so I missed the email telling me that my order has been despatched, ie handed over to Yamato Transport for delivery. According to the fineprint, I would be receiving in the next working day.

But I still didn't check the email the next day (I've now reached the stage where I've got to start work early in the morning occasionally) and didn't see it.

Thus I missed the delivery last night at 8.03pm. The time period for the Home delivery option was 8-10pm, so I can say that was pretty damn punctual. FYI I know because the tracking system is extremely accurate. I just received it 5mins ago and according to the tracking system, it's been delivered. I think the delivery guys update the system via their handphones.

Anyway I missed it last night. When I checked the email at 11pm last night, I was shocked. So I went to the website, checked the tracking number and confirmed I missed it, and requested a redelivery at 10am-12pm today.

They delivered it at 11am or, according to the system, 10.57am.

I'm surprised. The request was made on a Friday night at 11pm and they could deliver it on a Saturday morning. If it was cash-on-delivery I'd have tipped the guy for being so punctual on a weekend morning.












So some guy wrote a sci-fi novel entitled "Rule 34", which was about internet police solving a murder mystery.

Now the big question is - is there rule 34 of it?

'Coz there better be.

NO EXCEPTIONS!










Some Taiwanese guy got scammed about US$400,000.

The bait?

A croissant.

"French bread which is so delicious that it will make you cry"

Oh yes he cried alright.















This is so epic.










Scientists have invented a time cloak. If I understand this right, it just delays the light from the event. What I expected was... more.

Creating a visual delay in reality would make a great magic trick.












Currently also replaying Heroes of Might and Magic V for the story before playing HoMM VI in the near future when it gets released.

HoMM VI is the prequel story-wise so it could be a better idea to play that first.

But I've aleady played HoMM V and all its expansions before, so I might as well complete everything.

It's like watching Star Wars Episode 1-6 versus watching 4 and 6 before watching 1-3 followed by 5.

I've also begun to like the HoMM V main theme a lot.



I didn't used to like it that much. No idea why. I've probably changed in some way that I haven't noticed. And yes I know it's from some kind of Catholic funeral chant.



Now in the Necromancer campaign. I had stopped in the Dungeon campaign the last time, but I wanted to play the whole game again to refresh my memory.

Since I want to play this mainly for the story, I'm willing to use cheats, albeit only when I'm really not in the mood to replay the mission.

So far I've only used cheats once to give myself 500 arch-devils in the mission in which the elves kept leaving and I had only one Inferno town and 2 Sylvan ones against one Sylvan town.

The odds might have been in my favour but I did not expect the huge army that the last town had and hence didn't bother to develop my Sylvan towns (what for? the elves kept leaving my army on a daily basis.)

Since it was the final bit of that mission, I just cheated to end it with the 500 arch-devils.





Searching for HoMM V music somehow led me back to older HoMM music. Now I've found the music from the original HoMM again.




The nostalgia!

Brings back the odd feeling when I look at the dragon tower. Doesn't it appear strangely out of place? It is, after all, a sci-fi structure in a fantasy setting.

Anyway, the towns with the black dragons, regardless of their names, have always been OP (overpowered) since HoMM till HoMM V. I wonder it will still be the same in HoMM VI.

Alright, maybe black dragons were a little less useful in the later games because you couldn't use beneficial spells on them, which got more important strategically in those sequels.





And I have no idea why cyclopes live in pyramids. The ancient Greeks didn't have pyramids as far as I know. This mystery will probably remain unsolved for the rest of my life.

The ogres were probably the ones I remember most for this town. Bloody good tanks, but slow.





Maybe all the devs of the HoMM games have something against peasants because they've never been anything but shitty. Honestly, they don't even make good cannon fodder.

Even with the new 1g/day ability, they still aren't worth much because it takes 20(?) days just to recoup my capital from buying each one of them. These days in HoMM V, I just leave them in town as a minor source of income.

But the crusaders (or were they paladins? Or did they need to be upgraded from paladins to crusaders just like in HoMM II?) were awesome. The next best thing to black dragons IIRC because they hit twice... hard.





Never used the Sorceress much. The most memorable creature to me was the dwarf because of its annoying ability to resist magic. Throw in the fact that they were inherently tough with low attack and had a high weekly spawn rate due to being a mere level 2 creature, and it becomes obvious they were designed to be nothing but a pain in the ass for the opposing army.










Why are male jackets so hard to find? Suit jackets are easy enough but weatherproof jackets are a whole different story compared to those in the ladies fashion section.

No comments:

Post a Comment