Monday 11 July 2011

Rant 811 / Compressive Expansion



That is one angry man.











I know this is old but HOMM VI is going to be released soon, so I'm kinda excited.












Worries. One can never run out of them. That's probably one of the true constants in life.









Haven't bought anything since Killing Floor and Atom Zombie Smasher. Did consider X3 and Terraria but thought they weren't worth it.

X3 appeared like a great game but after looking at the screenshots of actual gameplay (not those of their ships which are so plentiful on Google) I found it a little too boring.

Terraria looks nice too but:

1) I probably won't play it for long.
2) It's now back to 50% discount from its initial 75% on Daily Deals. No idea why they reduced the discount after a few hours.



But I did spend money again. This time on books. I haven't been checking on my favourite authors for months so I went back to look again.

First, the Sword of Truth series is not ending, contrary to the author's claims when he finished the last book. The Omen Machine is a new plot involving the same characters. Still in hardcover, so I'm keeping an eye on it by leaving it in my wishlist on Opentrolley.

Second, the Runelords is still stuck at Chaobound. The final book will be out in a few years, and then I'll have to wait a few more years for the paperback edition.

Third, the Wheel of Time's final book, which was split into three after Robert Jordan's demise, is near completion. The first book is already out in hardcover and the second is available for pre-orders.

In the science fiction genre, I'm not too familiar with the best books. The Ilium/Olympos duology obviously wasn't going to get a third book in the same storyline seeing how everything was nicely tied up in the second book, but I went ahead to check anyway.

It's still merely confirmed for a film adaptation. No new news.

But zombies. I did find a couple of promising ones on Amazon. It seems to be quite a niche market so the various lists recommanded by zombie fans appear to be rearranged clones of each other.

Nevertheless I'm still going to try three of them.

The first that caught my eye was Ex-Heroes. It's interesting mainly for its blending of two genres - zombies and superheroes

I'm surprised a world with superheroes could have trouble with zombies. Therefore I just had to get it.

The other two books were from Joe McKinney, apparently a prolific writer of zombie fiction (and a few other genres), namely Dead City and Apocalypse of the Dead, both of which were set in the same world.

Finally I added a book on sewing. Got to learn the theory. There are just so many things I don't understand.









It's been so hot since yesterday. I don't know what the temperature is, but 2 hours ago I had a shower and now my bathroom is completely dry. It's only 1.30pm now.

...

Oh wow, cloudy for most of the afternoon but no heavy rain and no wind in the right direction :(

No comments:

Post a Comment