Wednesday 6 July 2011

Rant 807 / Blueberry Waffles

Some day, public washrooms are going to serve the additional purpose of water dispensers. You pee and you get drinkable water. If demand is strong enough, miniaturization is going to make reverse osmosis possible right in the cubicles.










So I didn't buy both FNV and Trine. Trine had appeared in "Indie Packs" that cost as low as a dollar (US). No reason it won't happen again.

Fallout New Vegas still has more DLCs coming, or rather, at least one more. Obviously when they're done making DLCs they're going to give us the "complete" version of the game at an even lower discount.

Christmas Sale.

So yea, that's it. I'm still going to save for Christmas Sale.

But the THQ Complete Pack is still under consideration, mainly for Company of Heroes.








The Japanese reconstruction minister quits, making the PM even less popular than he already is.

Actually I'm not too concerned about the latter since he's already promised to quit "soon".

What I find important in this is that too many of the Japanese ministers have been quitting. Just look at their Prime Ministers - they're literally having a new PM every year!

Obviously all these frequent changes aren't going to be good for Japan. A country needs long term plans to prosper; a long term plan requires long term care; long term care requires ministers who serve more than 2-3 years.

If a society can easily tolerate a change of leadership annually, PMs and Presidents wouldn't need to serve terms of 4-5 years. All democratic countries could have an annual vote and things would be really cool.

It's not impossible. With the Internet, it can't be too hard to have annual votes. I mean, is the secrecy of your vote more important than the secrecy of your credit card number?










Hellgate can't be played by anyone in SE Asia. This sucks. SE Asia has Japan and Korean servers but they're only for Japanese and Korean IPs respectively. The rest of us in the region can't touch the game.

And I was so looking forward to trying the game. :(

Oh well, it's not like it's that fun anyway, after looking at the forums.

Apparently the high level content must be bought with money, so it's just a better version of the demo now offered for WoW, which allows players to play up to level 20 and have very limited features for everything.

So I'm not missing much.









Item to consider among today's Deals is AI War: Fleet Command. Downloading demo. Will try tomorrow.

So far everything I've read about it is good. I'll probably buy the entire set for $4.49 if I buy it at all. It's an independently made game developed by a single guy, which is another reason to support it.




I'm also considering to buy Killing Floor now. If it ever appears among the daily Deals, I'll snap it up right away. The current 50% discount isn't enough.

If I buy it, I'll spend my 3 tickets on the Killing Floor prize which adds new playable steampunk characters to the game. Otherwise, I'll spend the tickets on the TF2 prize which is a pair of glasses.

Both are free and pretty much useless, but freebies are freebies.

What I redeem all depends on what I buy by the 10th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment