Saturday 16 July 2011

Rant 813 / Collaborative Denominations

Finished my coffee on the 12th. Asked my mum to buy more for me since she was going down to the market in the morning anyway. Specifically told her to ask for South American coffee since the stall owner mentioned it once.

Nope. He only had Central American coffee today. No idea which country.

I'd expected to get Brazilian coffee instead. Oh well.

But it smelled familar, something like an instant coffee I've tasted in the past. I can't recall which brand now.

...

Now I know what it reminds me of - the coffee smell in buffet breakfasts in hotels.














Dammit, Japan. Y u so crazy?












Finally realized how hard...

the employees whine.

Ever since my mum stopped going to the office with me, they've been whining directly to me.

I'd only smile and say,"Yes I'll pass that to her," but when I do, she'd laugh and explain to me why they've been feeding me bullshit.

For example, yesterday they told me that the new jacket was hard to iron. We have to iron our jackets so that they don't look so wrinkly when put on display. The shops don't bother with that.

I thought it was strange because if there's anything I know for sure, it's that we have been using the same few waterproof materials for our jackets for many years already.

But I'm a newbie so I kept it to myself and gave the usual response.

When I told my mum, she confirmed that that jacket couldn't be particularly hard to iron because this was not the first time that material was used.

It's funny how hard they whine. That's not the first and only time they gave me this kind of nonsense. Everyday without fail, they have to have something to complain to me. Without fail.

At least they're consistent.

... I guess.

And it's not like we've been giving them more work over the years. On the contrary, my mum has been taking less work gradually.

I have to ask my friends if this is normal someday.













Killing Floor once again proves that my motor coordination is inversely proportional to how tired I am.

Today I played it at about 3pm. I was awesome, though not as good as the best player. I was getting headshots everywhere and before it started getting tense halfway through the second wave, I was killing with headshots every single time.

Somehow maintained my second place from the first wave till the end.

Last night when I played, I was nothing but a zombie count muliplier. Every player increases the zombie count per wave IIRC.

Headshots? I could barely hit anything before they get close enough to get killed by some guy in front with a shotgun.

That was wrong. I can snipe with a Bullpup easily. Unless the entire team was snipers, I should have been getting kills. Yet I stayed at the last place throughout the game.

One thing I noticed was that as a Commando, I'm somewhat useless against the final boss. True I help cover the rest from the normal zombies but against the final boss, I simply have inadequate firepower, even with the best gun for the class, the SCAR.

I guess it's always necessary to have a good Sharpshooter with a crossbow.





















So it happened that this young couple flagged a cab about 20m ahead of me.

Except I was in a taxi stand and we had queued for about 15-20mins. It's been a rainy day so there was a long queue for taxis.

And they just flagged a cab in front of everyone.

The worst thing is the taxi driver probably didn't see the stand because two vehicle were temporarily parked between him and us along the slightly curved road, so he stopped for them.

They were looking at us as the cab drove pass us.

Small things.










Oh wow. After years of Chinese mainlanders scamming everyone else with all kinds of fake crap, Singaporeans have finally managed to give them a taste of their own medicine.

So this Singaporean furniture firm Da Vinci has been advertising their goods as "Made in Italy" but as many as 10% of them are actually made in China. The manufacturers have even been told to use cheaper materials.



This is no longer the Singapore I remember. Probably hasn't been for a long time already.

No comments:

Post a Comment