Friday 21 January 2011

Rant 707 / Jewish Nazi

I didn't know Oishii has a bakery in addition to its pizza delivery service. It's at the former Ginza Plaza, now renamed as "West Coast Plaza". Just tried the Hershey's-Kiss-shaped butter cookies which are sold at $15 per plastic jar. They're pretty amazing. Seriously.







So there are 19 sites that offer deals like Beeconomics. That's a lot of website to keep an eye on daily. Some of those on the linked website contain typo, so here's an alternative list which is also on the first website. This one's better but I don't know if it contains everything listed in the first.






So I just noticed Amazon.com doesn't offer Standard Shipping for games. I tested it with a pre-ordered game, an in-stock game and an in-stock book. When checking out the 3 separate orders, only the book had Standard Shipping in the list of delivery options.

Which means instead of paying US$9 for shipping I have to pay US$18. That's for a single game in the order. If, say, I order, the upcoming Deus Ex game (US$48 = about S$62.40) I'll be paying almost half again the price.

The UK Amazon is even worse, with almost the same shipping price for STANDARD SHIPPING (8.80GBP = about 17.60SGD) but even higher product prices for Deux Ex (38GBP = about 76SGD). But that point became moot when I realized, via some googling, that the Mturk gift certs can't be used in non-US Amazon websites.

There went my hope that the JP Amazon could offer me better prices.

Oh well, at least I'm still able to afford games just by sitting at home.






I'm going to bed soon. I think my computer is about to have a problem-free day today. Fantastic.






Patrician 4. I'm on the first campaign map. Not bothering to complete my next objective, which is to build a counting house in Aalborg.

I've played so long I actually remember the name of the town even though I rarely micromanage my ships' transactions there!

Mainly, I've been trying to make bad trade routes that leak money faster than a broken sieve. I've made 2 but somehow they always lose money. Now I'm doing all I can just to raise more money. Maybe I should just delete those routes.

But I need them. I need more money and automated trade routes are the best way to do it.

Right now I've got like 200k but it doesn't mean much because all I do is send my third fleet, which consists of a single cog, around the eastern side of the map to trade. My first fleet only does trips to the Mediterranean. Meanwhile my second and fourth fleet (both also single cogs) are on those automated non-profit charity trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment