Thursday 13 January 2011

Rant 699 / Blue Spice Of Dune

I got 3 BSODs this morning together with lots of crashes involving Firefox, Adobe Flash Player, Avira Antivirus and etc. I had no idea what was happening since yesterday it was almost perfectly fine other than the single BSOD.

I really don't want to lug my PC back to Fuwell again but I will when I get annoyed enough like the last time.

After those crashes I went to bed for a while. For some reason I felt really sleepy at around 7.30am after waking up at 5. Went to bed last night at 8pm.

Anyway I got back up at 11am, decided to open it up and start pushing all the plugs or whatever they're called. Maybe the technicians didn't connect everything properly.

Now it seems normal again. No crashes. Another suspect was the hard disk. Maybe it was damaged during the entire process of bringing it there, getting repaired and bringing it back. There were a few bumps along the way both in the car and on my way to the road from my void deck. Who knows? If it crashes again like it did this morning, I'll do a disk scan.





Also made some mushroom and chicken cream soup using canned soup plus chicken breasts for me and my bro this morning. Removed the skin and diced the meat. I used cream of mushroom for myself and thought it might not taste so good. But there's fresh chicken in it, so how bad could it be right?

So I threw the skin into the soup before it boiled together with the canned soup. Stirred till everything is boiling and properly dissolved before adding the chicken. 2 breasts worth of diced meat. Then I threw in 1 pinch of salt just because I'm cool like that.

Stirred till it boiled and stopped the fire.

It actually tasted epic. I was surprised. I think the fatty taste of the skin and fats of the chicken dramatically improved the soup. Didn't have chicken in the canned soup so it all came from the meat I added. Most of the it was also not overcooked. I should do this again.






Part of Brisbane was evacuated due to flood. Mr Global Warming is getting pretty serious. I think we should all start to learn to swim... or build canoes.








I'm pretty sure Lockerz is being raided or something. Almost everything in the 24/7 auction page has either hit 16k PTZ or is very close to doing so. Or else, why 16k?

Ok it seems to have ended. Everything that became available for bids 9 hours or more ago are now at around 16k PTZ while everything that came out later isn't. I hope actual people with a lot of PTZ bidded for those items to compete with those bullshit bids so that us normal people with only 10k PTZ can actually get something.







BSOD again. The error in the last one was "BAD_POOL_CALLER". According to google results that may be a driver problem.

The motherboard seems to be different now. Beeps during booting when it used to be completely silent, so they may have given me a motherboard that isn't compatible with the other components.

What do? I'm very sick of PC problems now.

Furthermore, Firefox keeps crashing, especially its plugin manager or something. Not particularly irritating since I can restore all tabs but it might become that eventually.





Found a Flash movie that actually is good. Basically, the creator found some random review of some random Flash game on Newgrounds, got someone to read it and made a movie out of the voice track. The result was epic. Somehow he combined the art of font animation (or whatever it's called) and the use of properly-timed music to create a very dramatic movie.

I rarely mention anything from Newgrounds, but this is one movie I dare call a masterpiece of Flash animation.









IMO the best was the robot dinasaur. It took me a several rewinds to see how it was done. Once I could finally see it as it really is, the head just stopped turning.








Watched last evenings' games on Gom. The earlier Code A games were so bad, I'm sure even noobs will question many of  the decisions made by the players in the games. In fact it felt like they would belong in the Stone League more than the Diamond. Heck, et3000 would have won if it was a 3-player FFA. Half the time I was asking, "WHY?!? Why is he doing that?!?"

The games later were much better, especially when Jinro played against Ensnare. Longest game ever. 47 minutes. Ensnare probably got impatient or tired near the end and made some mistakes, leading to his loss of his armies.

In the game between Jinro and Idra, I actually thought Jinro had lost at one point when most of his units were wiped. Fortunately he was able to minimise his losses by staying calm, and recovered quickly before beating Idra.

The one thing I noticed is that the SQ stream on Gom is actually smooth now, for the most parts.






Deleting Avira. Its scans keep getting in conflict with NOD32. For example, NOD32 always thinks that certain files Avira creates during a system scan is a virus. Since I have to choose one, I'm picking the one that technically requires a paid subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment