Monday 3 January 2011

Rant 692 / How Did Your Game Go?

So SC2 GSL 2011 Season 1 has begun! Today, the first 2 matches of the Ro32 are IMNestea vs PoltPrime.WE and MakaPrime.WE vs TheBestfOu. Apparently Code S matches, which include both of today's, involves pitching the loser of one match against the winner of the other. Therefore there will be 4 matches in total.

With a 2-3 games per match, that means each of the 4 players will be going through 4-6 games today.

Making money is never easy, huh?

EDIT: There were FIVE matches according to the schedule at the end of the day! WTF? And I missed everything because I couldn't stay up anymore by 4pm and despite my alarm being set to 5pm I woke up at 11.40pm with my alarm somehow switched off. Happens from time to time when I'm really tired. Since I woke up at 7pm the day before, I was only up for 21 hours. Probably because I didn't sleep well that day.

Speaking of SC2, here are some interesting screenshots I found earlier.












Do most women think that guys who are nice to children are good for marriage? Apparently, that's how some of my uncles became my uncles. According to my mum, one of my uncle used to be just a business associate of my father's. When she noticed how he was always treating my bro and I so well she decided to introduce him to one of her sisters.

So is it just them or do most women think that way? It makes sense, yes, but marriage isn't just about kids, so it can be just a minor thing to some.






My new year's resolution is still 1680*1050.






My PC has really died. It was working fine yesterday after I got back from Vic's place and I even managed to upload everything from the camera. But it hanged some time after that, the sort of crash in which nothing responds except the Reset button.

When I resetted, the dreaded motherboard logo screen appeared while booting... and even stayed there.

Four times it booted, this first and the fourth it crashed there.

The second time it crashed when I was changing those options I mentioned in a previous rant in the BIOS menu. It just stopped responding all of a sudden. The third time it crashed after I chose to "Save and Exit".

So here I am typing on the laptop again. It's Monday morning and I'm going to bring it to the store for repairs. Tried switching it on again just now. Only the fans worked like the other day. Wonder if I'm going to have to replace the motherboard or something.

And on a separate note, according to the reciept I left in the box of all the stuff that came with the computer,  I had bought it in June '09.

This computer isn't even 2 years old yet. I sadden.

EDIT: The computer booted normally after the technician changed the same settings as I did, twice. In the end because I told him that it had not booted normally five times since yesterday, he said he could send it back to the manufacturer for servicing since the warranty hasn't ended yet.

You know, I'm not even aware of the length of the period(s) the warranties last for each part of my computer.

Anyway, I'm going to be surviving on my old friend the laptop for 1-2 weeks. They will call me when it's done, or I'll call them in 2 weeks. That's 17th Jan.

Good thing I can play Empires, Deathspank and most likely Mount&Blade: Warband here.







Wikipedia managed to raise US$16m in total with US$22 being the average donation amount.That makes a total of about 727273 donations made. With the "personal message" being so annoying, I'm not surprised people donated more just to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment