Tuesday 11 January 2011

Rant 698 / Rosemary Lamb

For some reason I'm excited about Homefront. Why?








So I've finally got my PC back. Got a BSOD soon after booting but it seems fine now.

Without the shortcut in my laptop's browser to remind me of this, I've completely forgotten about my stocks in the Investopedia stock simulation.

And look at what I found!


I'm definitely selling my Nvidia and Sears stocks tonight. 3k! I don't know what to do with the Baidu stocks though. Petrochina has risen to somewhat decent levels but Baidu is just sinking like a rock.

So by tonight I will have made 3k USD. How long have I been in the game? Hmm... According to the Trade History page I bought my first stocks on the 12th of November. Nov to Dec, Dec to Jan. 3k in 2 months. 1.5k per month average using 100k as capital. 1.5% return per month. I don't think I should be proud of these numbers.

Still, profits are profits. Too bad this isn't real though.

EDIT: Ok I was retarded. The game has already ended. Forgot about the game title.








Today after telling my mum about my leftover herbs (had like 4 stalks of rosemary left) she used it to stir fry with pork.

Now I totally recognize the smell. I think it has to do with it mixing with fats or oil or something.

It smells like the lamb chops from one of the closed-and-gone good western food stalls in one of the kopitiams in the neighbourhood.

So they used it for LAMB CHOPS!

I asked my bro to confirm too. Unsurprisingly, he said he didn't know and all the food from the western food stalls taste the same. So all he confirmed was that he was gustatorily challenged, which I've already said before.

No comments:

Post a Comment