Monday 10 January 2011

Rant 697 / Games Of 2011

Heroes of Might and Magic... 6!



Developed by Black Hole Entertainment. Unless some of those 3DO guys are part of it, I think we'll see a pretty different game again, just like how HoMM4 was so different from the previous games in the series.





My guess appears to be wrong. This looks more similar to HoMM5 than I expected. But I find that I'm not very interested in the series anymore, probably because I suck at it.










Everybody in the EU seems to need a bailout after the US mortgage crisis.What's up with that?








Made the baked herbal chicken this morning. Marinated them in separate bowls for an hour, half the chicken in rosemary and half in sage. Chopped several leaves and stalks of each and use both the chopped herbs and whole leaves to marinate. One tiny pinch of salt each.

Baked the first batch in two separate aluminium foils for 25 mins, arranged neatly in a single layer, covered and sealed.

Result was that it was slightly too long and the edges of some of them were overcooked. Learnt that the last time I did it, I did not warm up the oven before placing them inside. Didn't mention it then so it's a guess but makes sense.

If the oven is warmed up, the optimal cooking time is between 20-25mins at 100 degrees Celsius. If not, 25mins.

Initially both rosemary and sage seemed to taste the same. Took the entire two batches to find the differences. Sage has a stronger smell while rosemary tasted kind of familiar and reminds me of soap.

After finishing the chickens I ate the leaves consecutively to compare. Rosemary is actually slightly minty but it can only be tasted when the leaves are eaten alone.

I think I may have mistaken rosemary for sage in the sausage in the Big Breakfast. I don't know.

EDIT: Rosemary = 迷 迭 香 [mídiéxiāng]








Here's a very useful list of upcoming games for the new year.


As usual, source unknown.








Accidentally missed the Code A games today because I was busy getting promoted to being a vassal from a mercenary captain in Warband.

Didn't miss the Code S games though.

TSL_Clide beat MarineKingPrime.WE at his own game. Both sides used almost purely Marines and Clide won. The irony is hard to miss.

The other matches between the Code S and Code A players weren't that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment