Friday 14 January 2011

Rant 700 / Vampiric Sorcerers

Since I always type the rant number in the title before anything else, I'm going to say here on the first paragraph that I'm surprised it's the 700th already.

Furthermore, the fact that I'm not making a living out of writing after churning out 700 pages of trash in 4 years is proof that a prolific writer does not a good writer make.

Or is it the other way round?

But if I'd wanted to make money by producing literary crap, I'd be typing about sparkly vampire wizards who stalk naive little girls in a school of magic instead.







This morning after I woke up the first thing I did was open my PC and pushed the connectors really hard, especially those that have to do with the hard disk which is my prime suspect.

It's now 3 hours since I switched on the computer and everything is working perfectly fine. Hope this continues indefinitely.

...

22 hours now. Not a single crash! If this goes on it's going to be even better than before. In the past my video card used to crash almost everyday, so if it doesn't anymore, then maybe it was because the card wasn't pushed in properly.







Did some work at mturk.com just now. If they all get accepted I should have made $5 for half an hour of clicking and pressing buttons. The best-paying jobs were probably those psychological tests in which they ask you simple questions like "Would you want a)$5 now or b) $10 in 3 days?". For spending like 20mins answering mind-numbing questions like this, they pay about US$0.50-$1. Too bad they only allow each person to do it once.

Specifically avoided anything that required typing a lot of words even though they usually pay more. For example they could ask you to write a review on a detergent and would pay you a few dollars for it. Not bad but I didn't feel like doing too much thinking.

Been having a headache due to eye fatigue. Probably has to do with my sleep schedule since this came all of a sudden instead of being a gradual thing, the latter being a sign that I need new glasses. Keep needing to close my eyes to rest but didn't dare to lie on the bed. The last time I did that was a few days ago. Fell asleep in minutes. That was at 4pm. Nope, can't risk that. Waking up at 12am may be nice (I like the cooler temperature and tranquillity of the night) but I'm going to have classes in a few weeks' time.

The best was probably the job in which I just pick all the photos that had to do with the concept of "granddaughter". They gave me like 100 pictures and I just looked through them and clicked on every photo that had an old person and a very young girl together. Only $0.07 for that but seriously, I could do it forever. Sieving through crap images to find good ones is something one eventually gets good at if one browses 4chan often enough. Of course if one browses deviantart the effect would be even stronger since it's got even more bad pictures.



AFAIK that's where all the amateur artists go to display their works.









A wireless video card now exists! Unfortunately it still looks like you have to stick it into the motherboard.

But you get to skip that cable that goes to your monitor. Less cables means less mess and you have one less restriction on how to position your computer.

Realistically speaking, wouldn't there be lag or worse... interference?

Now if you have a wireless sound card/speakers, and a wireless mouse/keyboard set, you'll be able to place your computer outside your room, thereby solving the uncomfortable heat problem for those who live in the tropical zone like me.







When I ask anyone what they want, I fucking hate it when they reply," Anything" when the truth is that there are several things that they dislike.

Why do so many people assume I can read minds?

No comments:

Post a Comment