Saturday 8 January 2011

Rant 695 / Global Cheese League

The Kinect sold 8 million units in 60 days. That's an average rate of 103k units per day. It means they're definitely going to make a Kinect 2 someday and expand on this market in the meantime.

It is now likely that the computers in Minority Report will become reality in our lifetime. We're so close!













Today while waiting for my room to be cleaned I was forced to watch Jamie Oliver make gravlax. Was actually watching some Chinese documentary about a group of Japanese supporters who were declared Japanese spies by the Manchurians during the Pre-WWII days.

From a practical point of view, I'd say it was completely logical to want to emulate the Japanese back then. In the final years of the Qing, China was a pretty fucked up place. On the other hand, the Japanese were wealthy, powerful and most importantly, free of European colonies.

Then my bro came out with his gf because his room was also being cleaned and he probably wanted to keep his gf happy or something, so he took the remote and did some channel surfing. Usually he doesn't care what was on TV during the wait.

Anyway, let me go back to the gravlax. The two times I made it, I used only dill, salmon and salt. Lots of salt and just enough dill to cover the entire piece of salmon. This guy, however, also used beetroot, lemon and schnapps.

I'm not sure if I can find beetroot, so if I ever see it I may try it. Then again, I don't really like dill. Just not used to the taste.








Just when I got some fresh rosemary and chicken breasts, I receive this new flyer from PizzaHut promoting their new Rosemary Chicken pizza.

Coincidence? Or are they spying on me?








Recently I came across this rather interesting product. I've seen wrist support for use with the computer mouse but I didn't think they can also come with a mousepad attached.

Now they do, plus something extra.




Kinky.

There's also one with Rangiku and another for Nel.




It's kinda strange though that Orihime is missing.

I'm nowhere close to wanting to buy any of these. I don't like having things that would constantly distract me. Learnt that from back when I had the following pics as my wallpaper (not simultaneously).



And those mousepads cost US$28. Cheap for a pair of fake tits, expensive for a mousepad. I'm still using the C&C Generals mousepad that came with the game that I bought when it first came out. Last time I bought any game soon after release.

Back then, I didn't even know what it was and had never even heard of a "mousepad" before. Simply pasted it on a random spot like a mini-poster and forgot about it till years later when I needed a mousepad.







Some of the deals on Beeconomics are actually quite interesting, especially those for restaurants like the one being displayed there right now.

50% discount for anything only on weekdays at Platypus. I have no idea if the restaurant is good and I don't know any reviewers I can trust. Too bad by the time I get replies from all the BC members it will have ended, so there's no point for me in asking by SMS.

From what I can tell an average meal cost around S$20-30 there, so with the coupons it will be roughly $10-15 each.

The coupons are good for 3 months, so it may be possible to use it during the coming CNY in Feb. On the other hand, there may be even more interesting deals in the near future.

21 hours remaining.






Deathspank! Nothing much to talk about really. It's the same kind of game as Diablo but with humour. In the game, the player is Deathspank, a stereotypical brawny yet brainless hero with a stereotypical heroic voice.

This game is actually quite similar to The Bard's Tale but funny in a dumber way. Not that I mind. If I wanted to think I'd play RTS games instead.

Speaking of RTS I've been missing all the games of the current GSL season due to a very screwed up sleep schedule. Quite disappointed in missing all those great matches but atm I'm more concerned with my body clock.

I managed to keep myself awake yesterday long enough to watch the games between July and some noob though.

There was so much cheese in the first two games of that match (and the beginning of the third), they could have called it Global Cheese League instead!

Why so cheese?

Although it was quite interesting to see a hidden Baneling Nest, of all things. Who would have thought you could hide structures as a Zerg player?








Was ordering Pizza when I noticed something I didn't think of before.

Two 12" pizzas are smaller than a 9" pizza plus a 15" pizza.

Looks the same right? The 15" pizza should offset the smallness of the 9" pizza, right?

Do the math and you'll see the difference.

Significant difference. 4.5pi to be exact. Or 14 sq inch. Or 91 sq cm. That's like 3*30cm.

This makes the current Dominos coupons very stupid. Or at least 1 of them. To be more specific, it's the one in which you pay S$40 for two 12" pizzas with extra cheese. Code PP52. Nobody cares about extra cheese.

On the other hand, I could use the one in which I pay an extra $3 for a 9" pizza when I buy another pizza at ala carte price. If I buy a 15" pizza at $35.80 and use this coupon, I'd get both pizzas for $1 less than the above. Why the heck would I use PP52? For the extra cheese?

Anyway we didn't order pizza in the end. Made bak kut teh instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment