Thursday 29 September 2011

Rant 863 / Some People Just Want To Spend Beyond Their Means. Understandable But Stupid.



You'll never party like a North Korean.

North Korea is indeed best Korea.










As you can probably tell, the iPad is a very practical product.















There has always been a feeling of something missing in Fallout: New Vegas that I was never able to describe.

That is, until recently.

The problem with FNV is that the developers didn't have as much spare time on their hands as those of FO3 did. The result is that even though FNV has so many more places than FO3, most of these places are just... empty.

In most places in FO3, there are bits and traces left behind by people before, during and sometimes after the nukes landed 200 years before the game's start. When I explore the land, I'd always be looking for these journals and similar stuff lying around. All other loots are just bonuses.

For example, in Germantown in FO3, one would find the final journal entries of a group of soldiers who were with some civilians when America was nuked by Chinese missiles. In these entries the leader described their problems, like the shortage of radiation medicine and deserters who believed they could find help or hope in the radioactive wasteland beyond their camp. The journals ended when the leader herself succumbed to radiation poisoning.

In FNV, these things were too rare. True that the game quests and other things were more interesting, but the lack of these little things made the Mojave Wasteland a far more boring land than the Capital Wasteland of FO3.

And this is why I find it so hard to go back to FNV after completing it.

As for Lonesome Road, it's so much more boring than the last DLC, Old World Blues, which I think was the most interesting one. Most places to explore and there are little bits of backstory in a lot of places.












The third Mega-Meta Jump landed me in a town that seems pretty good so far. Second day now. A bit of bickering here and there but overall, most of us seem to know what we're doing.

A few deaths on the first night. I guess I was extremely lucky in my first MMJ town which didn't have a single death the first night.

Our town also found 2 hacksaws on the first day, including one by me. Good omen.

My first day was so epic. I found a hacksaw, a blueprint for ExtraWall, a trestle (DO) and steroids.

Not so good on the second day but I was rationing my water. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. The first few days are the most crucial for clearing the map. Oh well.

I'll stop rationing my water for the next 2 days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment