Friday 23 September 2011

Rant 858 / Massive Overgrowth



XD











Lonesone Road is out. The final DLC for Fallout: New Vegas!

That's why I stopped blogging a bit.




So when I played FNV again after so long, I noticed everything had a greenish tint. A very greenish tint.

Bug.

Spent quite a bit of time googling for it but nobody had exactly the same problem. Similar issues include the tint in some areas but not everywhere and can possibly be temporarily solved by drinking Nuka Cola Quartz.

Therefore I eventually came to the conclusion that mine may be an incredibly rare bug.

Not giving up (since it's in the save file and I'd have to do everything again if I delete it), I decided to look at my status effects to see if there's anything there.

Didn't expect to find anything.

Nightvision.

Gah! I was wearing a headgear with nightvision from somewhere in the Old World Blues DLC and I had completely forgotten about it.

Feel so stupid.

Everything's fine now.







Lonesome Road is pretty lonesome so far. Just got the detonator and blew up a few nukes. I still have no idea where these Marked men came from, what they are supposed to be and who they were originally.

They seem to be ghouls but feral ghouls don't use technologically advanced weapons.

On an unrelated note, those Auto-Inject Stimpaks are awesome. Instant heal and automatic usage. Runs out too fast though. I can't keep my HP above 50% quick enough to save them because I'm going melee weapons, or the War Club to be more specific.















Mordekaiser was the third hero I bought after Kayle and Taric, the latter being a mistake that taught me to use a hero before buying instead of just looking at the abilities and other data.

But I haven't been using Mordekaiser for a while, so when I picked it just now, I realized I'd forgotten what to buy for it.

So while the game was loading, I went to Mobafire.com to check on the guides.

It was then that I found this guide that recommends Hextech Revolvers... three of them.

Oh wow.

I used to use another build which focuses on HP regen initially to allow for more harassment.

This build discourages early frequent harassment but I managed to annoy enemies enough by using HP potions.

It's in mid-game that's when this build really shines. My Siphon and Mace seriously hurt even when only my first Revolver is up.

At first, I couldn't believe my Siphon took out so much HP out of Malzahar when I first met him in mid-game during that first game I used this build. I had to check my surroundings to make sure I was the only one who was around to hit him. Was it all me?

And it was.

Epic.

I'm going to stick with this guide for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment