Sunday 4 September 2011

Rant 844 / Barrel Rolls And Body Slams

So superglue isn't working on my ear hook's leakage. I've tried at least 5 times now, the latest attempted being 2 layers of it.

Not working. I've even used baking soda on the 1st layer (thus also below the second layer) to speed up the hardening process but the goo simply squeezed its way out from the sides.

I'm now forced to admit there's absolutely no way superglue can hold it back inside.

So I'm trying a new method - sealing tape that's usually used for pipe leakages. It's awesome because its rubbery feel does not affect the comfort of wearing the hook. If it works, it will be the perfect solution.











Mines are so overpowered in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Since I complete missions by Stealth as often as I can, I don't need to use mines during most of the game.

It was only at the first boss, Barrett, that I learnt the usefulness of the mines and grenades. Grenades bounce, so I don't like them as much. Mines, on the other hand, land exactly where I want them to - right in the path of the enemy.

At all the boss fights, I merely throw mines in front of them to win. I don't need to aim or whatever; I just got to save the space for at least 2 types of mines and grenades - fragmentation and EMP. The rest are for decorative purposes.


On an unrelated note, I've just solved my random crash problem by deactivating DirectX 11. I didn't actually mind the crashes for the most part until it kept crashing at the boss at Eliza Cassan's room. It simply crashed everytime the boss fight started.

Now I'm getting a FPS lag in the open streets that I didn't used to have. Or maybe it's just that the new city map is more graphic-intensive. I don't know.











Tried Gragas today in LoL.

Gragas is more fun than Blitzcrank due to his area effect abilities, except for the Body Slam.

Body Slam's even harder to use than Mundo's Cleaver or Blitz's Grab because

1) much shorter range
2) I move to the target spot instead of just my weapon

On the other hand, Body Slam also makes a convenient escape tool since it's like he's leaping forward.

But the rest of the abilities are so fun, especially his ultimate, Explosive Cask.

What it does is that other than dealing some decent damage to enemies in a large area, it also pushes all enemies away from the centre in a large circle. Therefore it's great for pushing multiple enemies towards whichever direction is necessary, ie towards us if we're chasing or away if I'm trying to save a teammate.

Best of all, its cooldown is rather short for its usefulness at 90/75/60 seconds depending on level.

The other very cool ability is the Barrel Roll in which Gragas rolls an explosive barrel forward that can be detonated manually before it automatically explodes in 3.5 seconds. Too bad it can't be detonated while rolling. The effects of the explosion affects only a small radius but not only does it hurt, it also slows down enemies.

Then there's Body Slam which I've already mentioned. If I slam into an enemy, he is slowed down and damaged.

Finally, there's the Drunken Rage which obviously was meant to be spammed. Takes 1 second to cast and increases my defense, attack and mana at no mana cost. But that's not all!

The inherent ability of Gragas is that every time he uses an ability, he regenerates 2% of his max HP over 4 seconds. If I spam Drunken Rage even at level 1, I can heal frequently at 0.5% per second at no cost.

Used properly, I think this guy has the amazing potential to ruin the opposing team's day, mainly due to the pushing effect of his Explosive Cask.

But honestly speaking he's hard to use.

After trying him for just 2 games, I've half a mind to buy him.

No comments:

Post a Comment