Sunday 11 September 2011

Rant 850 / Cream Crackers Don't Taste Of Cream



That's one scary pyro.















Still thinking about the ancient Chinese and fried chicken.

I still don't understand why there's absolutely nothing the Chinese made for this dish despite the fact the Chinese cuisine has incorporated ingredients originating from the New World, like potatoes and corns.

Moreover, if they used to eat deep fried meat at all, why isn't there a Chinese dip for any of them? I mean we already have a ginger dip and a spring-onion-and-ginger-in-oil dip for steamed/boiled chicken, a garlic-in-vinegar dip for boiled/steamed pork, and even soup recipes for roasted duck.

Yet I draw a complete blank for all fried meats.

This implies that the Chinese has never really liked deep fried food.

My guess is that the reason is not because of the ingredients involved, eg the scarcity of lard. There cannot be a scarcity of anything in the emperor's palace, right? So definitely they must have tried deep frying there, even though I don't expect any emperor to have liked it, given the fact that all emperors already get 12 dishes every meal cooked by the best chefs in the land.

Deep fried food cannot possibly be deemed as such a great dish that they would place it among those 12 dishes.

So the reason has to be much less material.











Just noticed another behaviour displayed by opponents who're ignorant about Yorick's abilities.

They see me with half HP or less, so they gank me alone thinking they can get an easy kill.

The problem with this idea is that I can clone myself with my ultimate, the Omen of Death.

If I die before it does, I get revived for 10s with full HP.

You can't escape from that.

Not without teleport anyway.












DAMN! The new ASICS running shoes at eMart is limited to one pair per training cycle!

I can't get a new pair after I gave one to my bro!

Damn!

I can just buy after this year but I don't know how long my current pair is going to last.













Starting to have to buy groceries regularly, starting to watch out for stuff we're running out of, starting to check the prices of the groceries I buy (by reading the receipts at home), starting to hang the laundry regularly, starting to cook regularly, starting to notice the stuff in the shops I never looked at in my neighbourhood.

As long as I can maintain our income, I'll not have to start cleaning the floor and the other bathroom in my home.

Now I see how the Shop N Save in my neighbourhood can survive.

Almost none of the stalls in the wet market are open after 3pm (excluding the ones on the hawker centre side). In contrast, this Shop N Save is open 24/7, catering to people like me who really hate to get out of the house before 11pm.

Work is a necessary exception, of course.

I very much prefer to get my groceries at about 2-3pm, when it's much less sunny and the queues are shorter.

Except the place where I get my coffee closes at noon. That's a problem.














Holy crap! Just played one game after hitting level 20 in League of Legends.

Immediately after hitting 20 I spent 2.1k IPs on tier 3 runes.

INSTANT RESULT!

Mainly, I believe it's the three Marks and one Quintessence that boost Attack Damage per level.

 (This is still under development.)


As for Masteries, I've focused mainly on Offense.


Initially I thought Mana Regeneration would be a good mastery since I always need more. However, ever since I revamped my runes to focus on Attack Damage, I thought the Armour Penetration mastery would have better synergy with them.

Despite losing the game, this was what I got:



That's definitely out of the ordinary!

I've got more kills than deaths in a losing game as a frickin tank!

This is what I usually get in games I lost, partly because near the end, we just feed too much.



See the difference?

This is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment