Sunday 4 September 2011

Rant 845 / Furry Transexual Midget Scat

So both the MI6 and CIA helped Gaddafi protect his regime by "persecuting dissidents". No surprise there.

But that's not my point. What I'm really curious about is why it wasn't covered up and why the Human Rights Watch was given free access to all the documents in the abandoned offices of Libya's former spy agency.

If the MI6 and CIA didn't want this data to be found, why didn't they pull strings to prevent these papers from being found?

Something feels strange here.










Holy shit! Researchers have just found a way to make cancer cells commit suicide!

To create their tumor-killing program, the researchers designed a logic circuit — a system that makes a decision based on multiple inputs. In this case, the circuit is made of genes that detect molecules specific to a type of cervical cancer cell. If the right molecules are present, the genes initiate production of a protein that stimulates apoptosis, or programmed cell death. If not, nothing happens.

Whoa!

So they get these genes, which are essentially viruses, into the body and the cancer cells kill themselves at the sight of them?

The researchers are now working on optimizing the circuit to eliminate any false positives and developing new circuits that can identify additional cell types. They also hope to test the approach in living animals and eventually humans.

Yeah they should take their time to check for false positives. That could mean organ failures if things go bad.















If you don't find this funny, you probably need a crash course on German pronunciations.

First, "ie" in German is not pronounced as the English word "aye", but "ei" is.

Second, "sch" in German is pronounced as "sh" of English.

Third, the German "e" is usually pronounced as that of "er" in English.





This is one of the first names we were taught in my German classes a long time ago.

The pronounciation in the video is what happens when anglophones butcher a foreign language.

The English approximation of the correct German pronounciation is "folksvargen".










The thing about this channel is that only a portion of their videos are wrong, mostly featuring less known words. This is indeed a good troll channel.

In this case, it's actually correct.








If I'm not wrong, this is a very subtle troll video. The pronunciation is correct except in French, when a word ends in a consonant (ie non-vowel), that consonant is silent. The mistake is the "r" at the end should have been silent.

EDIT: I was wrong. The "r" is pronounced... the French "r", that is. In this case, it's more like the English "h".









I mentioned this some time back but an audio recording is always better than a written approximation.











And this is how the French pronounce it when a vowel is followed by a "n" or "m". The back of the mouth, or the nasal area, almost closes but not, so that "lan" in French is almost like saying "long" in English.











This is the right way. I've long given up on correcting people about this.











This needs no explanation.

I guess I'm a "bon lver" too.










I̵̝͚̥̬̱̞̗̼̙̭͕ͦ̾ͫ͂͐̋̓̀̚͢'̨̓͂̔ͭ͞
­̥̫͎͖̜M̷̧̨͖̰̪̰̟̞̹͕͚͚͉͙̰̆̄̏̂ͪ̀͞ ̣̺̳̺̻͎̦̬̩̳̍̈́̅͛̊͋̄̍̓̒̉̽͡Lͫͦ̄̽ͮ͂­̵̷̧̞̼̦̲̗͚̝̯͈̟̟̜̗͂͆ͮͥ̃̂ͤ͆͊̉ͫ̊͒́­̜̯̼̥̭O̸͕͓̜͈̹̬͚̩̞͊̋ͬͤ͑́ͤ͜V̇̆̈̎̌­̣͙̞͚͓͈̱̩͓͓̫͍͢I̧̳̟̥̮̝͌͛̏͝͞N̍ͣ̈̚­̸̡̈́ͭ̄̇̎̓̇̐͌̇̿ͭ̀̚͏̶̪̼͙̫͕̫̱͚̰͍̺̳ ̶̷͇̤͈̝̬̦ͮ̌̃́ͦ͒̄ͬͨ̑ͫͫ̉̚͟͞I̊ͬ̓͂͗­̸̢̡̟̗̱̠̬̱̰̠̳̞͎̖̍̈́̓͊ͤͮ͑͑ͪͬ̍͞ͅT















I just found alibaba.com and I think it solves a big problem of mine.

I'm currently thinking of looking through the stuff there, take down the addresses of the factories in Guangzhou offering products that look good enough, then visit them later this year.

Also looked through a few pages listing down things buyers should do to avoid getting scammed.

Makes a lot of sense. Those rules, however, can be broken if they're known to be honest, eg vouched for by a friend who's been doing business with them. After all, one of the suppliers we have contact with was recommended by someone like that and we've been paying directly to their personal accounts in China.

I don't really care why they prefer to use their personal bank accounts but it's bloody obvious. But who cares as long as they can deliver? In fact we've been working with them for so long we've even accumulated credit on their end because we don't want to remit money every single time we place an order.

First, there's the remittance fee. Second, there's the fluctuating exchange rate.

Anyway, I'm going to sift through all those images. That way, I'll actually have things to do instead of windowshop all day long when I go to China.












Just tried Maokai in LoL.

You know what? I like Maokai even more than I like Gragas. I find it to be just the right balance of disables and damage, plus over 9000 times tougher.

The Sapling Toss is SO useful! It does pretty good damage and I can use it as a 35-second ward. In the two games I used it, I've managed to spot one ambush. It was so hilarious because one of the two didn't just run away from the bushes in the river and got flanked by our team Morgana from the middle lane.

As for his ultimate, Vengeful Maelstrom, it's pretty hard to use. Done properly, it's the best ability for kill-stealing I've ever seen. What it does is absorbs 20% of all damage taken by allies and myself for as long as I can afford the mana cost, and when I deactivate it it does some crap damage plus half my ability power plus double the sum of damage absorbed.

What it means is that if the longer the enemies fight within, the more screwed they are going to be. This doesn't happen often because experienced players would run when they see this, unless they got disabled by us, in which case his teammates would usually weep for his noble sacrifice and continue their retreat, rendering this pretty pointless.

I guess I can regard Maokai as the anti-noob hero because only noobs would stay and fight inside.

And that's why it's a good kill-stealing ability - I simply detonate it when they're about to kill the last guy.

As for buying, I'm going to have to save up for some time. I'm at about 5k IPs and it costs 6.3k.

It's so damn hard to kill and feels like a great support. So far I've been getting a lot of assist counts from playing as this tree guy.













Some Bolivian dudes are trying to build a helicopter without knowing how. I respect their spirit but this won't end well.

They probably think that all they need to do after making the frame is attach an engine to a few blades plus the tail rotor and they're done.

If it were this simple helicopters wouldn't be so expensive.

And not only are helicopters expensive, they're also harder to control than planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment