Friday 23 September 2011

Rant 859 / Dropping The Soap Deliberately

Lonesome Road really is a lonesome road. There's absolutely no NPC that I can talk to except my companion and Ulysses.

Everyone else has gone mad.

The only non-hostile NPCs in the game are those two and the animals because of my Animal Friend perk. Doesn't include Death Claws unfortunately. Those Death Claws in the DLC seem more dangerous than I remember - they all kill me with a single blow now.

Other than exploiting terrain glitches, the only way to defeat them is to walk sideways in light armour (faster movement speed) when anticipating an incoming attack in order to dodge it, then move in for the kill when it's recovering.

Luckily for me, Death Claws have very little stamina, so my War Club disables each in 2-3 hits, which usually land within a second. The only catch with this tactic is that I cannot handle multiple Death Claws.

Tunnelers are harder to disable but they don't hit as hard.

Marked Men are a different issue. Some of them seem to have infinite stamina. My War Club actually killed several without ever stunning them.

Anyway I'm finding this a little boring because there is no friendly zone for me to take a break in. Constant combat gets bland after a while.













Saw KassemG on =3 before but didn't really check out his work much until now.

In this series, everybody is basically bashing KassemG, including KassemG himself.

I never thought about the "dropping the soap" joke from this angle before.














So the Japanese are rushing to brush up on their English. The American and European otakus must be so happy to see this.

As a result, Japan's foreign language education market is growing, with learners more than willing to fork out plenty of money on lessons, DVDs or e-learning.

It rose 1.6 percent to $9.8 billion in 2010 from a year earlier, said Yano Institute of Research, and is set to grow another 1.8 percent this year, making it a rare bright spot amid lagging Japanese private consumption.

Pretty huge.

Or they could just come to this blog. The Youtube videos I posted in 857 were quite educational. Lots of new words right there that they wouldn't learn in school.












Sometimes, it's the small issues in life that makes it hard. People don't notice it after a while but the effects remain.

Having had my own bathroom for so long, I'd forgotten what it's like to share it with multiple people.

Now that I think about it, it seems to terrible.

It has to be so annoying to have someone bang on the door while I'm taking a dump in the morning telling me to get out soon.

Even before the rest of my family stopped using my bathroom, we almost never had such a problem. 3 people, 2 bathrooms. Not much chance that all of us would need them at the same time.

So when I saw the picture in this month's National Geographic magazine of a bathroom that multiple families are sharing in a low-income neighbourhood in Brazil, it just reminded me of how lucky I am.

Just imagine how these people suffer if they want to shit leisurely in the morning. I guess they can never do that at home. Even if it's just 3 families with 2 kids each, that's still 12 people sharing the same bathroom at least.

Hygiene issues aside, the traffic must still be too heavy for anyone to even take a relaxing shower.

Compare that with me. Sometimes I continue to sit inside after I'm done so that I can finish reading an article in the magazine or a chapter in a book.

They can never have such a luxury even in their own homes.

How crappy mornings would be if you have to rush your morning routines.

Maybe it's just me, but I wake up at least an hour (sometimes two) before I have to leave in the morning even though I don't have the habit of eating breakfast. All I take is a cup of coffee. Usually I sip it so slowly I can't finish it before I leave.

That's how relaxed I like my mornings.


The sole reason is that I fucking hate mornings.


Yep. I'm a 100% night person.

Having to wake up early is bad enough. No need to risk making it worse.

It sucks to have to start a new day in a grouchy mood.










Bad times in Die2Nite. The second Multi-Meta Jump aka Mega-Meta Jump aka MMJ didn't turn out as well as the first one did for me.

I guess I was lucky there was almost no non-serious players or griefers in the first town.

But the second town was a whole different story. Half the town were very active, just the people I like to play with, but the rest were... not that great.

At the end, when I won the Last Man Standing award raffle, people actually tried to take that from me and succeeded.

The importance of this LMS award is that the winner gets free Hero (paid membership) days proportional to how long he survived.

This award is given to a random member of a town who stays within on the night it gets destroyed by the zombies.

Usually in towns such as this, we'd have a raffle in the forum to decide who gets this. The winner would be the lone brave soul staying in town while everyone else camps in their hiding spots elsewhere in the desert which they already have split among themselves in the forum.

In my case, two other people stayed in town with me on the final night and one of them got it instead.

Losing the LMS award itself doesn't matter to me - I didn't even know what I would do with the Hero days. It was the act of staying in town despite our discussions, which symbolises the lack of cooperation by some of the people in the town, and then getting rewarded for that that annoys me.

Oh well. At least it will be easy to remember who it was because the list of towns I joined is very short.

I can't and won't make an official complaint about this because this is part of the game. Life in a post-apocalyptic world isn't going to sheltered by rules and laws.



Also joined a random "distant" town after that just to fill the time. A "distant" town is one in which only players with over 100 Soul Points, earned through their time in Die2Nite, can join. In other words, only experienced players can get in.

Terrible experience, slightly better than the random noob towns I played in during my early days in Season 1. The 6 days I spent inside reminded me why I joined a mega-coalition in the first place.

Too bad mega-coalitions no longer work in the current Season 3. Every town has a coalition limit, so it's impossible for a town to be completely (or almost) by members of the same mega-coalition, only half full at most. The other half would be filled by random players such as the ones I played with in the 6-day crap town.

That's why we have the MMJs. Instead of having each mega-coalition to organize their own jumps that will only be 50% effective at most, all interested mega-coalitions would jump at the same time and fill up as many town as they can with their experienced and serious players, resulting in minimal numbers of players who end up in bad towns filled with players who don't give a damn.

Anyway the third MMJ is coming. Already signed up and eagerly waiting for some real teamwork.









Ever since I bought that bottle of decent quality sesame oil I've been using it non-stop in everything I cook, including the udon I cooked just now.

Boiled the udon, sieved the udon, then poured some soy sauce (both dark and light) and sesame oil.

It was so good.

Or maybe I was just hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment