Saturday 1 March 2008

Rant 098 / Microsoft Got Pwned By The EU LOL! 899 Million Euros Is No Joke, Not When The Exchange Rate Just Hit A Record High!

I really have no idea what to type now. Why am I blogging?



All of a sudden, my screen turns blurry. What's happening? Something wrong with my LCD monitor? Problems with my graphics card?

I googled for an answer, but found none.

I worry.

It has only been a year since I bought this, and I want this laptop to last till I graduate. I am already taking utmost care to maintain its present state, except for its appearance. I don't mind it getting dusty, other than in the filters.

But I want its software and hardware to last!

But 1 yr and the screen goes blurry for a few second all of a sudden?

NO!

Something is terribly wrong! There are another 3 years to go, my precioussssss!

So I mulled over it.

And bit my lips.

Chewed on my finger nails.

Licked my toe nails.

Finally, an answer was found.

The plug was not firmly pressed into the socket...

lol












I was looking at this game named Fly For Fun, and was interested in it. A free-to-play MMORPG, it was also kind of cute and stuff. I was bored, and downloaded the client.

Installation done, and I opened the game. Realized I have forgotten that these games need an account registered at the main website. So I clicked on the 'Registration' button.

"Sorry. We are unable to provided service to customers in your region."

Fuckers. My region isn't even in the ban list. So I googled, and saw that I'm not the only puzzled one.

So another game deleted from my laptop.

Now I see this Ragecraft, which is a private server of WoW. I can't find out how many players are online on average. I need to log in to see that. Maybe next time...




I have finally got all 25 episodes of CODE GEASS SEASON ONE! Now to keep them till the June Vacation starts...





NTU Toastmasters Club (TMC) is having an exchange program to Hong Kong during the June vacation. Secondhand information states that subsidies will hit $500, which basically means free tickets. Another fellow member from a part of China near Hong Kong announced that if he goes, he will treat the rest a meal of seafood in his hometown. However, since there are only 2-3 slots, he will go only if no one else applies.

But that is quite impossible since more than six people approached the organiser to ask about this... And this means I won't be involved too since I have the same reason for not going as the other guy - we must let the rest have a chance to visit Hong Kong.

Dang! There goes the free trip to good dim sum and free seafood...





It seems like right now Natural Selection is the most popular Half Life 1 mod out there. One reason would be that it's really better than the rest. Another would be that those guys behind this mod are really slow in producing a Half Life 2 version of this mod...

I wanted to try out this mod named Zombie Panic, due to my sudden interest in zombie stuff, but there are only 2 servers! And these 2 are usually empty, because they have produced a Half Life: Source version of the mod!

This sucks.







Just found out this afternoon that there's a Ulu Pandan Toastmasters Club here in Ulu Pandan Community Club. According to this flier some guy stuffed into my gate, Richard Sng is having a course there, and the course costs a whopping $120 per person for( I presume) non-members.

Richard Sng! The most sought-after Language Evaluator in Singapore! Wonder what the price is for members.




Some guys make finding a girlfriend sound like some kind of hunt. Like a girlfriend is something you can get if you work hard for it, similar to a degree and honours.

That's bullshit.

I heard this from one guy during one of my chapter meetings, who was commenting on love to another guy who just lost his girlfriend. And it so happened that I spoke on how gaming can be a career choice in the future, and conveyed my passion for gaming during the speech. So he likened love for a girl to my passion for e-gaming, that it cannot be explained, that there is no reason, and that it just is.

I agree with him completely. The fact that I haven't found the right girl proves to me that it is something I cannot work for until I find it, and not that I have to work for it to find it.

The first condition for the right girl would probably be that she is someone I can talk to. Most girls I know are interested in things I couldn't care less for, and it is hard to maintain a long conversation like this. And if I can't talk to her, then I wouldn't know her well enough to confirm that she is suitable. Doubt will offset whatever feelings I have for her.

That is something I have experienced several times before.

I understand if everyone I meet are not interested in computer games. I mean, I'm not in the right club after all, nor the right course. But no one I meet reads the same books as I do either. Well, there is this one gorgeous Filipino girl who seems to have read the Wheel of Time, but she's definitely not the right one.

My mother, on the other hand, believes that love can be cultivated, and that love is not the essential condition when looking for a wife. I kind of agree there, especially since she's a great example, but who on earth still understands this? We are all so Westernised and filled with expectations of marrying with true love! If I want to do that, I'll have to wait till I'm 30-40 before finding someone matured enough to see that and still be of suitable age. Actually, this is merely a guess, but I seriously don't expect any girl in Singapore to see the logic in marrying without love.

I personally don't mind staying single, since I haven't been attached before and thus not understand what the fuss is about. I don't need anyone to talk to, and definitely don't need to hear anyone talk about their troubles. What I need is some silence in my mind. Kind of like the crazy guy in Silence of the Lambs. When I graduate, I don't mind a job that entails much travelling. I like living in hotels lol!






Oh shit! It's 5am! I'm still quite wide awake! Oh shit! School starts in 2 days! Oh shit! Good night! Or should I say good morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment