Friday 28 March 2008

Rant 114 / Kane's Wrath Is Out!

And the zombie story continues from previous posts....


I'm still in Dulston, which may be the last major gathering of survivors in any malls. Malls are the largest and most valuable buildings in the game of Urban Dead because they allow players to find the greatest variety of items. The situation has been worsening in what is now identified as the Second Big Bash by all players.

In the past few day, I've been healing and reviving players while using all my spare Action Points (APs) on searching for First Aid Kits (FAKs). During this period, green(safe) suburbs have been decreasing, and while red(extremely dangerous) suburbs have not increased, they have mixed with both light and dark orange ( dangerous and very dangerous respectively) to form a giant patch of red with orange here and there. Grey(abandoned by both sides) zones are also sprouting in some areas but are also retaken by zombies gradually.

Yesterday, the siege of Treweeke Mall, where I am living in, began. It started with the destruction of surrounding buildings, and the broadcasts of terrifying news of numerous valuable buildings falling into ruins by zombie attacks everywhere in the suburb of Dulston. I stopped healing and walked around the building to check the situation. It was bad, with at least 20 zombies attacking every building around the Mall, and over 70 zombies attacking the south-east corner.

Ok, I think I need to explain again something here. The Mall I am in is a building that occupies 4 squares on the map, and we refer to these 4 squares as NE, NW, SE, SW corners. Zombies have been arriving from the south and the buildings there were the first to fall.

Back to my patrol, I found the building directly south of the SE corner of the mall in ruins with no zombies within (which probably means the zombies were satisfied with the ruination of its interior and were turning their attention to the mall itself), so I repaired the building and lightly barricaded before using 1 last AP to run back into the mall.

I logged back after 4 hours, and found that someone had barricaded that building to Extremely Heavily Barricaded( EHB) status, the highest level of barricade. So I went south to the next building and found it empty, doors opened but not ruined. So I closed the doors, lightly barricaded it, made my way back to the Mall and told everyone about it, in hopes that someone would go barricade it further.

Meanwhile, attacks on the Mall was infrequent despite the huge numbers. I believe it was because they had spent all their APs moving to the Mall. Nonetheless, there were some attacks on the barricades and some of the other guys had to reinforce the barricades in all 4 corners once in a while.

Today when I logged back in, the event log showed that zombies had broken into my SE corner 5 times, but they were repelled by the other 165 survivors in the same corner. So I stopped healing and spent all my APs checking the 2 southern corners' barricades. Twice I had to barricade my SE corner from Quite Strongly Barricaded back to EHB. I never ran out again so as to conserve APs to reinforce the barricades. Today, I've been logging in every hour to check on the barricades and it's a good thing that I did for the last few hours because the zombies are now constantly attacking the barricades.

I have run out of most of my APs long ago, and every time I log in I have only 2-4 APs to spare. This only allows me to reinforce a little, but constantly. As for now, 30 fellow survivors have died and their corpses dragged out of the mall( all dead survivors become zombies). I don't believe I will survive the night this time, but I will stay up as long as I can to hold the walls up.

Oh yes, as for the outside, according to the map and comments by other players, the other mall in Dulston has already fallen. Also, there are no green suburbs in the city at the moment. All of Malton is dangerous, so I am no longer running this time. Malton is doomed, but the survivors shall do all they can to save those who can be saved.

With this horrendous tide of events, even PKer groups, who are survivors who kill other survivors, have made a truce with other survivor groups. The Second Big Bash is changing the game from a stalemate all across the city to a imminent victory for the zombie hordes, and I believe this will make the game designers consider major changes to the game mechanics in the near future.





Re-reading Olympos again. Man, this may be one of the best books I have every read. I've only finished it just half a year ago and I'm finding it interesting again.





Found this blog of some guy who went to Japan and explored their adult merchandise. Absolutely hilarious, what he found there, like the butt funnel. Yes, I typed "butt funnel" correctly. It's a long and somewhat narrow, clear plastic funnel that comes with a small flashlight. The instructions are given in the form of a picture of a girl bending over, the funnel behind her and an arrow pointing at her ass from the funnel.

This is some sick scat fetish. No normal guy would want to see what's in her rectum. And check out what that blogger said about how he imagine a person would propose using it on his partner. Very funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment