Tuesday 11 March 2008

Rant 101 / If I Do Not Receive US$1,000,000,000 By Tonight, I Shall Destroy... CAMBODIA!!!

Now I am feeling the worry. The same gnawing worry that is the accumulation of all the unfinished homework I have so far. I guess I have been too lazy. I have reverted to my original self. I cannot blame anything and anyone but myself for not watching out for the attempts of Temptation to subvert me.

It is late. Not too late, yet. But how can I bring back the momentum?







Right now I am in the hall, typing this with full knowledge that my roomie did not keep all his girlfriend's stuff in his cupboard. He really should keep his personal life to himself... This afternoon when I returned to the room I found traces of beige-coloured powder on my desk. I cannot detect any smell from the powder, but didn't bother to taste it. It is likely she was applying facial powder on my desk.









Watched Infernal Affairs. It is almost exactly the same as its Hollywood ripoff. Damn good movie, and its ending is not as violent as the Hollywood version. Plus it presents a moral dilemma that Hollywood never puts in its movies.






I signed up as the Sergeant-At-Arms again for the meeting on the coming Thurs, but now I realize they expect me keep up with the ancient forgotten tradition of doing a warm-up with the audience before the meeting officially starts. Heck, I'm just going to do a One Line Story.







I guess Avencast is really just a decent game. I'm at level 25 and I have all but one spell in Soul Magic. This signals that the end of the game is approaching. This is seriously short.

The game's good in that it has some pretty nice spells, generic but interesting plot and decent graphics.

The game's bad because of its music, short plot, limited spells and general lack of anything impressive.

Overall, its something I play to entertain myself while better games like Starcraft 2 are being honed to perfection.






Before the buffet, I wanted to eat only until I was full, but the food simply was too hard to resist. Turns out the big orange globes of roe in the sushis are salmon roe. The tiny ones are probably flying fish roe. Foooooooood.....







Finally found a game that I cannot play. Assassin's Creed looks like such a promising game, but my graphics card was struggling to cope with the first scene in the tutorial. What a waste. And my bro isn't even going touch, with his addiction to Perfect World sucking him to the MMORPG 16 hours a day.






Maybe I should initiate a trip to Canada. My aunt is offering to drive me to Niagara Falls if I ever decide to go there. But haven't heard of much that I can do if I go, other than appreciating the scenery, which I admit I'm poor at. Hmm...







The spider guarding my door is multiplying! I let it live in its own web on my door frame to stop the ants from entering, and now I see 2 little similar spiders in the web! If they aren't simply male spiders trying to mate, this may be bad. I may need to bring insecticide after all...






The netting above my door is coated with dust. This is to allow heat to stay within the room at night, and to stop sunlight from entering during the morning when I am hibernating.
Bah! Who am I kidding? I'm just too lazy to clean it.






I need to buy a new pair of shoes and some bak kwah. New shoes because my present pair has smooth soles at the center of the shoes. Bak kwah because they make great midnight snacks. LOL!







Maybe I should choose to go for MAE, and specialize in Manufacturing, so that I can join one of my uncles' company, which deals in factory machinery. Or maybe not.








Why do people want to choose their course based on which friends they have in the courses? One guy told me he wants to join MAE because he has a friend in 3rd year there. I was thinking, what kind of logic is that? Of course if I had said that, he would have quickly denied it and made up some other reasons.

I was thinking of the markets for my choices, since I have no interest in any of the courses. Or perhaps I do have some interest in magnetic levitation applied in public transportations, which should fall under Electrical Engineering, but should I go for a career in research, knowing fully well that I don't exactly have the best grades out there?

Or should I go for Civil? Civil Engineering is good wherever there is growth, because where growth is, constructions of buildings follow. The job possibilities may include more "dirty" jobs, or jobs that involves much sun, sewers or etc, but if the pay is good and I don't mind, what, then, is the problem?

Mechanical Engineering may turn out to be the best choice too. But with my plans to go overseas in the future, Aerospace may not be my cup of tea. Maybe something in Design... Who knows?







Doing my 3rd project speech on Thursday, but haven't written a script or rehearsed. LOL! But that would be the same as my previous speech, for which I merely wrote a summary in point form and didn't rehearse.

At this rate, I may get my Competent Communicator by the end of next year. And maybe Advance Communicator Bronze or Silver by my final year. Muahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment