Thursday 13 March 2008

Rant 102 / I Needed To Shit Halfway Through The Blog So I Lost My Momentum And Decided To End This Rant Even Though It Is So Short

Tonight's speech was disappointing! My speech itself was terrific. Everyone said my speech was good, during and after the meeting. But the main problem with my presentation of the speech was... huge, to say the least.

All my bad habits appeared. I did not use my left hand again! But worse still, I was tugging my shirt with my left hand unconsciously, which is a distracting and pointless action. And the most glaring mistake of all was my walking to and fro continuously throughout my speech. It distracted the audience from what I was saying.

My speech was also unclear on the purpose. I did state the purpose at the end, but I was not as clear in the beginning. I started off by saying that everyone will die, and most, in pain due to disease. Then I stated my stand which is that everyone should be given a choice of whether we should die painfully but naturally, or be euthanized. The next part of my speech was on how to kill ourselves without pain and suffering, and yet can also be easily done by anyone. The final part was to compare this method with jumping off a building and breathing carbon monoxide, and end with a short conclusion.

It was only at the conclusion that I specifically said," The aim of my speech is..." and so everyone was somewhat confused until then.

In the end, I didn't win the ribbon (AGAIN!!!). At least I got pwned by a gorgeous young lady whose command of spoken English is one of the best I have ever heard.

And after the meeting, she shook hands with me saying she "really liked" my speech a lot. Well, she wasn't the only one to do that, but that was the first time I have ever shaken hands with her! I have been so shy I haven't initiated conversations with her before.

Beautiful girls make me nervous. Hope she didn't see that. But then, so what if she did?

And when I say I got pwned by her, I really did get pwned by her. I was the one who counted the votes, and she had almost twice as many votes as I got (10v6).

I think I shall reuse this speech for my next project in June. The theme of my next project is How To Say It. This means I will need to change the flow of the whole speech and use different tones and stuff to make it dramatic. Shouldn't be too difficult with a speech about death.

No comments:

Post a Comment