Tuesday 25 March 2008

Rant 112 / Veering Off Course

I was browsing through an internet forum on a certain website when I found this emo guy asking what they think about it being illegal to abuse animals while it is estimated by some scientists that humans directly cause up to 80 species of flora and fauna to become extinct everyday. He saw it as hypocrisy and he's probably ashamed to be human.

I see it as a matter to necessity. While it is completely unnecessary to abuse our pets, it is necessary that we expand. It is our nature to expand when we prosper, which humans have been throughout history. When we expand, it is inevitable that we come into contact with plants and animals that are specialized in the environment they live in and we are invading. At this point, the rule: survival of the fittest, comes into play. ( Wonder if I had used the punctuations properly in the last sentence)

If we were to stop negatively affecting any animal or plant, then we cannot expand, not even into the deserts where life does flourish in the shade under the rocks. If so, then we will still be living lives that mainly involve clubbing, painting and dying in cool, dry areas to leave perfectly preserved bodies.

If he really feels the way he does about the hypocrisy, then by using the computer and the electricity to troll in that forum, he is just one more hypocrite in the shithole called the Intarweb. He needs to stay under the bridge.

From dictionary.com

To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."


For the first part, trolls don't necessarily exist exclusively on Usenet, and anyone who does such things in any forum is a fucking troll.






First time I see a guy dating a girl he know through a game. In the past few days while they were chatting in NS while killing each other, one of the female players (definitely female coz she uses a mic) mentioned that she was going to Chicago for something that has to do with her job. The just 2 days ago, both of them were joking about what they will do on their date when she arrives in Chicago, where he apparently is. My first time witnessing something like that. Hope it turns out well for them.

Now that I play NS on G4B2S server all the time, I'm getting to know the players better. Not all of them are schoolkids. Many of them have jobs or are in college (like me). Totally unlike what I expected. But then, having a job can mean many things, including grocery store cashier.

And people in that server says my nick is cool. Not that this is the first time I get this but I don't usually hear that sort of compliment about anyone anywhere. How many year have I been using this nick? Hmm.. probably ever since I started playing NS... many years I guess.







Need good movies. Reviews on IMDB says Superhero Movie sucks really bad. Sad.





My body clock is being altered as usual. No longer do I feel hungry at certain specific times. My sleeping hours are getting later and later. Now I feel really sleepy only at 4am. Last night I slept at 5am. I hope this will continue to change till it goes all the way back to 10pm as the time when I feel sleepy. LOL!

If not, I am already considering drastic measures, including my technique that involved sleeping very little for a week. Tough choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment