Monday 27 October 2008

Rant 207 / Looks, Brains, Sanity. When Choosing A Mate, Pick Two.

Yesterday when I was packing my cans into the food drawer, I noticed I bought the wrong flavour of tuna. It's partly their FairPrice's fault for having the same blue colour for all their tuna cans. Partly my fault but I'm not going into that. Now instead of Soy Bean Oil, I bought Chilli and Tomato. They better not be freakin spicy, or I will have no choice but to find a way to make them less spicy, like mixing with something else.

Strangely, some of the chocolate did dissolve in the half-eaten mixture of caramel milk and chocolate. Still, there is a thin layer of chocolate on top. My best guess is that the caramel has saturated the solution, leaving little room for the chocolate. That is why it is still dissolving, but extremely slowly. It's a guess.

It's a great way to eat my bread with though, caramel chocolate milk tastes pretty good.





Finally beginning to watch the Starcraft tournaments again, after seeing so few names I recognize from the previous season. I watched only the last few rounds of that, so naturally I only know a few names, though all of them are pretty well-known in the SC scene. WHY DID BOXER LOSE?!? IS HE SO ARROGANT THAT HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT WINNING ANYMORE?? Damn sad, he could have made the whole tournament so much more interesting with his crazy tactics.

Now waiting for the Stork vs Orion matches to load. Stork is the only guy I recognize by face. No idea why.





After I mangled the spoon/fork that came with the cooker when I was scraping the sugar off the edge of the caramel, I found a few bits of plastic in the caramel. Right away I googled "swallowing pastic" and PHEW! Swallowing plastic is totally harmless, unless it's big enough to get lodged in your digestive system. But still, swallowing anything that isn't food is never pleasant, so I waited for the caramel milk to cool and picked out all the plastic with another fork.





So stork owned Orion in 2 matches out of 3. He won the first, lost the second and won again in the third round. He could have done more in the second round, but I don't know why he didn't. I was just like the commentators, surprised when he typed "gg" in the game after losing his defenses. Maybe he didn't care to "barely win the game" or something. Maybe he wanted to win totally and completely. I don't know.

But in the other 2 games, his superior micro skills were obvious. How can 20 zerglings and 5 drones lose to 10 probes, 2-3 zealots and a dragoon?? With stork, you can. He used his units to attack, everything trying to shield the dragoon and probes trying to help the zealots through attacking and blocking the way of the zergling and pulling back just when the zerglings attack the individual unit. Don't forget, Protoss shields regen at a rather decent rate. 10 probes were barely enough for them to take turns attacking, taking 1-2 hits now and again.

But holding that assault was freakin fantastic. It was a group of about 20 zerglings and 5 drones at first, then groups of 6 zerglings arriving every 30s to reinforce the attack. That stork even defended successfully was a major victory. It meant that he was impervious to the largest sort of rush a Zerg player can pull off in that short a time. Zergling rushes require no Vespene Gas, so much resources can be used to get more drones to mine Crystals.

In the end, he won. Orion probably gave up the minute he saw Orion killing all his zerglings and his reinforcements having little effect on the enemy base. In fact, he didn't mine Gas until much later. He still stuck to zerglings even after the assault. Probably knew he had lost already.






This website has an interesting questionnaire that puts you in the several categories of personalities. I remember the name Myers-Briggs from my Fundamentals of Management module so I took it. It says I'm INTP (Architect), but its details aren't very accurate.





This picture. The girl may not be attractive, but the sausages are an entirely different story. Hungry now...

No comments:

Post a Comment