Saturday 4 October 2008

Rant 192 / You Cannot Kill That Which Already Has No Life

So I didn't bake anything this weekend. Lost my mood when I realized I was expecting the E-lecture week too early. It's not in the coming week, but in the next. Bleh.

Whole Saturday was spent at the Division speech contest at Queenstown CC, which was held from 1.30pm to 5.30pm. Serious pwnage. Some of them speak so well, I was totally captivated by their speeches. But those who were the funniest did not win the Humourous Speech contest. The one who got the most laughter from the audience was the 1st runner-up. The judges had other things to look out for when giving their scores, like structure of their speeches, style and etc. We, as the audience, merely judged with our laughter.

The rest of the day was wasted on Dimensity.

What is Dimensity? Dimensity is one game that is of semi-decent quality but playable. It is a mix of RPG and strategy, with a RPG-style of beginning at its campaign and strategy at the end. Basically, you play it like Diablo and eventually hire mercenaries to help you until your team gets too big to micro. Thus it transits from "tactical" to "strategic".

Unfortunately, it features a campaign only for Human and Firbolg warriors. I wanted a Mage campaign and expected that I could choose any race and job (it features 4 races with 2 jobs each after all). What I got was just a 10 or 15-map campaign with 2 races of warriors.

Plus its 1.0 version is quite buggy and I didn't feel like experimenting with its v1.2 patch when it doesn't allow me to play as a Mage in its campaign. Not worth the effort to me. So I deleted the game.

It is made by a small Bulgarian team. I can almost feel the love they had for their game and the effort they put into it. For such a humble group, the game was pretty good. Unfortunately, until they have a campaign for Mages of any race, I'm not playing. Of course, if I get extremely bored someday, I may just install it again just to remind myself why I deleted it in the first place.





Somehow, everyone was using romantic relationships as a topic for their humourous speeches. It is one of the few topics that everyone can understand. What are the other topics?





Was reading this guy who was raging because he met some people who were pretty much brainwashed to the point of no return. Even though she was an attractive girl, she was also a very religious Christian. Very sad. Here's the first post by him:

To all Christians: how the fuck can you be so fucking deluded? Jesus Christ (pun intended).

So I went to a student bar on my uni campus tonight to meet some bird who never showed up (but that's another story for you /r9k/). Anyway I get bored and come outside where these people are giving away hot drinks, since it was fucking freezing. I nab a cup of tea and this Chinese guy starts talking to me. Turns out he's a parishioner or w/e and maintains the church/chapel on my campus.

After a bit he introduces me to this girl who I start chatting to who's a devout Christian, thus a member of the uni's Christian union, and her friend comes over and I have a lengthy conversation with them about how I'm an atheist and, them being Christians, it all kicked off into a religious talk.

Holy hot dicks in a bucket were they fucked in the head. Honestly, how...why would you be so DELUDED. I was going along with them while they told me how God loved them, how they followed the bible word for word, that they could feel God's love in their lives, how the other guy's sister was depressed and God 'saved her from suicide', but all the while I was gritting my teeth and wanted to smack them. Honestly, it was making me sad that they were so far gone into this shit. I wanted to whack out a copy of The God Delusion and start fucking it in front of them.

We were talking for hours, me saying how I thought God and all religion is all fucking bullshit but they were having none of it, just going back to their die-hard love for God and how he is all powerful.

After like 2 hours I bid them farewell and they said they'd be preying for me -_-

Why are people so fucking stupid /r9k/? Why? The girl was very good looking ;_;



Looks like it was his first time encountering such people. I remember how I felt when I first talked to such people, all the anger at how people can believe from the core of their souls things that cannot be proven nor disproven, how they can make themselves swallow the whole load of bull and how they can throw away their free will just like this.

How can they call it free will if their's has already been tainted? Changed by a mere book of what is obviously fiction, to the point that logic will no longer work because faith must come first if they are to continue to believe.

Free will requires logic to exist. To choose freely is to decide based on what you think (note: not just believe) is correct. But if the decision has already been made for you because your religion says so, not you, then is it still free will?

And when God chooses people for something, or even decide in any way how they should live or do things, is it still free will at work? C'mon, these situations aren't exactly very rare among Christians.

And the "burn in Hell forever or believe in Jesus/God" thing? How can anyone even not see that free will is antithetical to this religion?

In the end, we must accept that though everyone is born equal, they aren't born identical. There are always those who cannot accept reality, those who cannot have nothing and no one to rely on and those who fail and need someone to blame for their own failures.

But damn, to "feel God's love in their lives" is delusional. That's so sad! Who says you can never have too much of a good thing?






A parody skit on the VP Debate that happened a few days ago on American TV. From www.nbc.com







Testing flash and mp3 players.






Looking at this picture makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment