Wednesday 1 October 2008

Rant 191 / There Is No Such Thing As Innocence, Only Degrees Of Guilt

Started reading Yotsuba, a manga. Somehow always makes me smile.





Really want to make lava cakes this weekend, since I don't have to go for classes till Tue. Somehow a long weekend just gives me a good mood, which I require in order to cook anything. Probably because I have enough patience to cook only when I'm in a good mood. Will need to go to Chinatown to buy ramekins to make it. Most likely will just buy 2 at most. At home, only my bro and I will be eating it anyway.

Alright, let me explain what a lava cake is.

A lava cake is a cake that contains liquid in the centre. Need to be eaten fresh because the center filling will soak through after a while. Therefore, if I have too much batter, I may need help to finish it, or I may need to eat more than 1 cake.



There is a hole in the middle because the filling shrinks and the top will collapse after a while.

Though this cake doesn't necessarily need ramekins (cupcake molds will do), all the recipes I find require ramekins. Being the noob that I am, I don't have the confidence to use a cupcake mold because I will need to shorten the baking time by an unknown amount.






First time being the Ah Counter in TMC. As the Ah Counter, I count all the Ah's, Er's Um's and all the things you should never say in order to sound "pro". Since all speakers were doing their first projects and most of the evaluators were new and none of the newbies has ever seen a real Ah Counter before (therefore spoilt), I showed no mercy in my counting.

My prez did show some though, by exempting all the first-time speakers from fines.

A few of them hit 30+. LOL! It only takes each person 10 pause-fillers to make them pay a dollar to the club funds. I had fun counting every single error they made because most of them really need a good spanking in this way. All the past Ah Counters were either not listening very closely or they suck. I was the first to actually count every single Er's that came out of their mouths.

I'm the Ah Counter again next week. RAWR!





My ethernet card is dying. Probably because I have been tweaking my bittorrent settings to an unhealthy rate for the past weeks. It kept disconnecting today. 4 times, I believe. Grr...





I never knew there was such a thing as free flow of cocktails and wines in a buffet till I emailed Shangri-la to ask for their buffet prices. Also made me read up on Veuve Clicquot Champagne, since it costs and extra $17+++ just to get half a bottle of it in the buffet. Basically it is a premium brand of champagne. And I quote from Wikipedia:

In July 2008 the oldest unopened bottle of Veuve Clicquot was discovered inside a sideboard in Torosay Castle, Isle of Mull, Scotland. The 1893 bottle was in mint condition, having been kept in the dark. It is now on display and regarded as priceless.



Priceless wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment