Wednesday 8 October 2008

Rant 195 / Why So Serious?

Recycled 2 bags of trash today, 1 bag of plastic trash and 1 paper. Sometimes I think I'm too nice.





The shower at my hall is rather energy-inefficient. It is very water-efficient though, because it produces a fine spray, albeit a hard one. But it is precisely because it is a spray that makes it energy-inefficient. Even though the water is very hot in the pipe, it loses a great deal of heat when it falls as a spray of very fine droplets. In fact, when I put my hand near the shower, the water is much, much hotter than when it hits my shoulders.

Of course, the most energy-efficient is to use a smooth flow of water, but that is also the least water-efficient. Obviously, the best balance is to use a cheap showerhead they sell everywhere, but I guess they believe that electricity is much cheaper than water over here.






2nd day of recording all the money that I've spent to the cent. Feels good to know exactly where your money is going. Damn, being the Welfare Officer is great. You get to buy food for both the club AND yourself in the same receipt and no one will ever know. Plus you get to bring back with you any leftovers. Since I'm planning to buy cookies sometimes and call for catering the rest of the time, it means once in a while I can get some free snacks for myself. Great for people like me, who can finish a whole tube of Ritz cheese crackers and still not feel satisfied.







I just read that brushing margarine, mayo, parmesan cheese and cayenne (or those chilli flakes that Pizza Hut uses will do too) on a cob of corn while roasting it will make it taste damn good. Sounds damn good too. Will try the next time I go for BBQ...





I think my buddy next door is skipping with ankle weights on. Saw some weights being hung outside to dry the last few days. No idea if the ladies downstairs complained or will be complaining though.






It is actually quite amusing to read about Palin's performances. Quite a lot of people are agreeing that she's just a bimbo. The fact that she misreads her country's Constitution (even though she's running for Vice Presidency!!!) and her inability to answer questions properly during her televised debate with Biden did make a some sort of laughing stock. Of course, there are many who still supports her, for reasons that escapes me (I seriously don't think her good looks really count for anything in such matters, but who knows?).

In fact, the debate made Biden look like a very experienced and wise decision-maker even though his records don't agree with this view. If this isn't an orchestrated charade to keep the illusion of democracy alive in the US, then wtf was McCain's team thinking when they chose Palin??? I'll bet there are millions out there who miss those good ol' days when US Presidents were actually respectable people, like Lincoln and Roosevelt.

And here's something that has nothing to do with anything. And I don't find it funny, just interesting.








4chan /wg/ does some some good wallpapers sometimes. Here are a few cool ones I saved.










Personally, I don't use any of the dark wallpapers at all. Too depressing. Saved them just because they caught my attention. Right now I'm using the crystal fruits, but will change soon when I feel like changing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment