Tuesday 28 October 2008

Rant 208 / Aye?

So I was reading this article on how to make the perfect caramel after I got curious to why I don't taste much caramel in my previous attempt.

Do my taste buds suck? Or was my caramel inadequate because I couldn't heat the bowl enough?

It turns out that I didn't cook it long enough.

According to the article, what I was making was called dry caramel, in which only sugar is used and cooked till brown. Wet caramel was what was shown in the video, thick saturated sugar solution cooked at medium heat till it browns.

Fortunately, this article contains instructions on how to make a good dry caramel and one of the lines says that I need to cook it till just after it smokes. Which means, for my ceramic bowl (fantastic insulator), means just when it smokes, because the bowl will continue to heat the caramel long after I remove it from heat.

Seems quite dangerous, because it will be quite hot. I think I will wear my glasses when making it. First time wearing glasses in hall when resting lol.

Sounds exciting too. The colour's supposed to be reddish-brown, so the aroma must be 1000000X better.

Will try at night, when it is cooler. Doing it in the day will make my room freaking hot.

But then again, what can I do with the caramel? I don't see any use for it, other than creme caramel, which calls for eggs that I don't have. No fridge, no eggs.

Hmm...

I'll still do it, just for fun.







Taken from http://allencountydemocrats.typepad.com/allen_county_democratic_p/2008/10/sadreally-really-sad.html

When you mix religion, politics and ignorance in a pot, you get this. No photoshop here.

Religion: Church and anti-Islam sentiments.
Politics: Rumours of Obama being a Muslim. ( Just bcos he has brown skin???)
Ignorance: Someone actually believing in the above bullshit.
Result: The sign as shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment