Saturday 25 October 2008

Rant 205 / Someday, People Will Be Able To Converse Using Nothing But Internet Memes

The plan: steamboat

The procedure: wake up early tmr, buy food

The venue: in william/my hall

The time: somewhere between after buying and before midnight

The reason: hungry



I realized I wouldn't be visiting NTUC on the way back to hall the moment I lifted my bag. It's bulky and heavy with my laptop and stuff inside. So I'm doing it tomorrow, Sunday. I really need to replenish my food supply anyway, and some fresh food two days a week should be really beneficial to my kidneys and liver.

If I can, I'll do this every week, but the costs of such a meal and my lack of a fridge is the reason why I don't believe I will.

Also making some chocolate fondue tomorrow. This time, I plan to use only 1 ounce of chocolate and some CARAMEL. I will be melting the sugar in the bowl before removing it from heat and dumping the chocolate inside. Non-sweet condensed milk will bought in case it is required. If it turns out I don't need the milk, there are always other uses for it.

But then, I just found this video that teaches the viewer a way to cook caramel cream with just sugar, water and condensed milk.. Maybe I'll skip the chocolate and just make this. Or mix chocolate into it... WOW!!! Making caramel seems like a dangerous process. The water splutters when poured into the freshly melted caramel. I might get burnt. Oh well, the dangers of learning how to make good food are always present.







Was reading about the Inca Empire after playing Colonization. They were able to perform fucking BRAIN SURGERY back then! No, just kidding. They were only able to perform skull surgeries. Even over 500 years ago, they were already capable to drilling holes in the skull to prevent fluid buildup and etc and most importantly, able to do so without killing the guy.

Evidence show that success rates of these surgeries at their peak of their civilization was at about 80-90%. That's like, only 1 in 5 people die at most.

The Incas were also using a knots instead of words to communicate. So while everyone else wrote words, they tied knots. But the how of it has been lost. Damn the Conquistadors!!

And potatoes!! Those people ate potatoes as a staple in their diet. Corn was used for making their alcoholic beverage. It's like no matter what happens, humans eventually will find a way to make alcoholic beverages. It's probably written somewhere in our DNA that we must have alcohol.

Their end, though, was very tragic. So much of their culture has disappeared. It seems like all they have left today are the ruins and their genes. I couldn't imagine a sadder end for a people than this, but after reading this, I can now.

No comments:

Post a Comment