Saturday 31 December 2011

Rant 915 / It Was Never There!

Since I'm not bound by normal office hours, I find that there is no need for me to complete my tasks during weekdays and between late morning and early evening.

In fact, I can work at any time I want, including during holidays.

I'm not bound by the concept of "office hours" directly, although for tasks that involve other people I have no choice but to do them within the proper hours.

For example, since I have nothing going on on Monday, which is a public holiday due to the New Year's Day falling on the preceding Sunday, I'll be working then.

Why not?

Basically, there is nothing separating working hours and rest time for me. As long as I can complete my tasks on time, when I do them does not matter.

Hence I'm working tomorrow and Monday.















Maybe someday, employees will be paid based on the entire company's performance.

I'm not talking about bonuses.

I'm thinking perhaps they will peg their salary to the net revenue of the company.

Maybe 0.007% in a large company, for example.

It would be kinda like shareholders. In fact, employees and shareholders should be regarded as the same, except they contribute differently to the company.

It's like the difference between volunteers and donators - it really isn't that big.

This way, it will be much fairer and it strongly instils into everyone's minds the fact that they're all working together in the same organization.

This will obviously accompany huge changes in the economy, either followed by them or following them.

For example, a company that pays its employees this way can easily create its own currency for reasons like meals and such services provided by the company. Subsequently, it can pay its employees with it.

For example, a meal in the company's canteen can cost 0.00000015%. Obviously they're going to find some way to shorten that. Maybe remove all the zeroes the way we use the term "calories" (they're never in calories, but kilocalories, yet nobody cares because it's shorter).

This way, it won't have to issue actual money, which definitely is a good thing because it can then keep a smaller pool of liquid assets.

This currency will basically be denoted by a percentage of the expected annual performance, that of the previous year or that of each quarter. The exchange rate can then be adjusted on a quarterly or annual basis.

This may encourage employees to hold on to their company's currency longer hoping that it will give them a better rate in the future, especially if a new product launch is planned in the near future.

If these happen, then it will be inevitable that there will be exchange rates between each company's currencies unless it becomes explicitly banned by law, perhaps because it threatens the existence of each country's own currency.

Because to be honest, would you prefer the Indian Rupee to the Apple Inc Dollar?

No comments:

Post a Comment