Tuesday 13 December 2011

Rant 905 / There Are No Guarantees In Life - Even Life Itself Isn't Guaranteed.

I'm in a charitable mood right now and I've just come up with an interesting idea.

From now on, whoever wants to borrow money from me will have to repay me by volunteering at whatever charity I feel like supporting (including the Senor Hybrido Public Transport Fund, which aids this poor person called Senor Hybrido in dealing with rising public transport fares), at a rate of one hour for every $10 borrowed with an interest rate of 10% per annum.

5% p.a. if borrower insists on repaying in cash. The reason is inflation.

For this, I've found some volunteer application forms AND learnt to write a simple IOU which also includes naming a security, eg a car, in case the borrower goes bankrupt.

I predict that this will never be used anyway because I seldom have the money to lend anyone.

If I were rich I wouldn't be buying discounted buns every night for breakfast.

Right now for dinner I've just sauteed two large pieces of chicken breast marinated in sage, rosemary and a pinch of salt.

Chicken breasts go for $10.50 for 5 chickens' worth, or $2.10 for two pieces, at the wet market. The other day he was offering a buy-5-get-1-free deal but he wasn't on Sunday when I bought my current batch.

By sheer luck, I managed to cook them perfectly, such that in the slightly thicker piece I discovered a very thin layer, less than 1mm thick, of pink raw meat.














With the fare revisions by two of the largest taxi companies here, taxi fares have just been effectively raised.

Now we can no longer see peak hour surcharges as extra fees.

The peak hour rate is the new norm; off-peak hour fares are just discounted prices for times when there are low demand.

They might as well use the peak hour rate as the normal rate, then add a discount meter for non-peak hours to calculate how much discount the passenger gets for the ride.

It would probably feel so damn awesome compared to this.











Whoa! Maybank is offering 1.35% p.a. for SGD time deposits that are at least $25,000 and last 24 months, plus 440% on the 0.25% upfront interest at maturity.

That last bit is rather unnecessarily complicated but simply put, it's just an extra 1.1% of the deposit, making the total interest rate 1.90% p.a..

The fees and charges for counter services are pretty annoying though. It's like they're totally discouraging that in favour of online services.

Makes sense, but it's like the bank is trying too hard to hasten the change if you ask me.












I've been exercising less. No motivation.

Still, my LoL win rate has improved dramatically for the last several days.

Then again, that may be because I've been going for a short walk to a bakery nearby at around 8pm for the nightly pre-closing discounts.

My bro doesn't really like those buns, but they make a cheap and convenient breakfast.












No reply from Mindef yet. I wonder how long this is going to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment