Monday 19 December 2011

Rant 908 / Steam Xmas Sale 2011 BEGINS!

The CEO of SMRT stays for now, but her explanation reeks of bullshit.

"No good leader will leave the field when the battle is on. I am staying put now to do my work, and put everything right."

Right.

Except this issue with the breakdowns began months ago.

If she was actually capable of it, she could have done this long ago, and not after the PM announced a full public inquiry on this problem.

The fact that she started saying that she would fix the issue only after it turned into an actual issue that needed the attention of the PM himself makes her unworthy of managing something as important as our MRT system.

If you need your boss's boss's direct attention to make you really work, you shouldn't be a CEO in the first place.













Mailed some stuff just now, including another 2-year extension of my National Geographic Magazine subscription.

I've long forgotten how to mail anything, so I was planning to queue up to ask the people at the post office.

But there was a long queue when I arrived, so I took my bro's advice to use the SAM machine outside. He wasn't sure if it offered postal services, hence I didn't plan to use it.

The SAM machine, I discovered, doesn't sell stamps.

What it does is it weighs each envelope, tells me how much it costs to mail it to the destination country, and sells postage labels.

The subscription form and cheque costs S$0.26 because they weigh less than 20g, but some of the envelopes cost S$0.32 for weighing over 30g. GST was also not included in these prices.

After that, things were easy. The only payment option was NETS but that was fine with me.

It printed the labels and I pasted them onto the envelopes before throwing them into the mailbox.

No stamps.












Does paying for something justify the act of completely wasting a product made with the sweat and blood of hundreds?












No comments:

Post a Comment