Friday 9 December 2011

Rant 904 / Awaiting Their Reply

Exercise refreshes the mind. This ICT confirms it again. Things seem clearer than before, or maybe I've forgotten too much.

This ICT was definitely NOT what I expected.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait for a reply from Mindef about what I can and cannot discuss in public about my ICT before I describe my 5 days there in this blog.

I was actually waiting for it until Saturday evening because in the late morning they gave me a reply that they're forwarding my query to the "relevant department".

Until then, I'll just rant like it never happened.

Because if I do mention the wrong things and the Military Security Department finds out, it's not going to be pleasant for me.
















So true!










The video editing seems much better this season.











Meanwhile, I'm frankly surprised at how the traffic to this blog stayed steadily above 100 Monday through Friday and only dropped on Saturday.

As a matter of fact, my last rant got significantly more views than usual even though it contained nothing particularly interesting IMO.













Now that I've got over 6300IPs in LoL and no champion that I want to buy, I'm considering the option of a whole new rune page for some unorthodox rune strategy.

I'm the sort of player who prefer all-rounded runes in order for each page to be useful for a large variety of champions in case I feel to picking different ones for each game.

I do that sometimes.

I already have one for magic penetration and another for armour penetration, both of which have the same yellows and blues. For the seals (yellow), half of them are flat armour ones with 3 flat mana regen and 1 magic resist (per level). For the glyphs (blue), half are cooldown reductions and the other half are magic resists. Two magic resists are per level and the rest are flat.

I know there are some that aren't exactly right, like the mana regen, the MR seal and the per level MR, but the difference is minimal.

Hence I'm thinking I should get a new page for some new runes.

Perhaps it shall be all about dodge, and I'll name the page "The Dodgemaster".

All seals with be 0.75% dodge and the quintessences with be 1.5% dodge.

With these, the total dodge will reach 9 * 0.75% + 3 * 1.5% = 6.75% + 4.5% = 11.25%

IMO, dodge is no different from damage reduction overall. The real difference is only in the short term.

If I have a graph of damage taken over time for someone with 10% dodge and another with 10% damage reduction, they will both look the same when zoomed out.

Unless the champion is squishy, ie low HP, this short term difference is not going to be significant, and in fact it could even be beneficial.

The disadvantage of 10% dodge over 10% damage reduction is that it is too likely that an insane burst of damage will have its full impact on you, ie 90% * (number of blows dealt within the split second).

The advantage, in contrast, is as follows:

- 10% chance of avoiding a disabling any special effects that an autoattack could cause
- 10% chance of avoiding a fatal blow
- 10% to piss off the other guy

Basically, what I'm saying is that a non-squishy champion will benefit more from dodge than damage reduction.

Unfortunately, Riot Games is phasing out dodge. Their first move was to remove the mastery, and now they're gradually refunding players for their Evasion runes. Eventually, the rune itself will be unavailable.

Their reason for this is because it's imba, probably for the advantages I described.

"...dodge is an entirely new defense type that doesn’t have a series of sensible counters to it."

In other words, imba.

And I figured that out too late.

I just wonder what new runes they're coming up with, because I'm kinda interested in spend a bit of cash on the game if they offer some good promotions for Christmas.







There are still more runes that benefit everyone, like HP and HP regen. Maybe...

HP is obviously better than HP regen. There are many ways to recover HP, but never enough to handle unexpected gang rapes.

Let's see how much HP we can get if I go all out HP boosts.

Marks (red): 9 * 3.47 = 31.23
Seals: 9 * 5.35 = 48.15
Glyphs: 9 * 2.67 = 24.03
Quintessences: 3 * 26 = 78

Total: 181.41

Not worth it at all.








Or I can focus on cooldown reductions. Those are always useful.

The only catch to this is that it's capped at 40%.

Also, it's probably one of the few rune types out there that are more effective when using the per-level sort compared to the flat ones, because more of it in the early game just isn't as awesome as having more of it in late game.


However, the 40% limit means that the runes stop being awesome once my item build is nearing completion, because I can get 35% just from Morello's Evil Tome and Shurelya's Reverie.

No comments:

Post a Comment