Tuesday 20 December 2011

Rant 909 / Why Did I Wake Up At 8.30AM?

My workers are slacking.

I've finally come to this very disappointing conclusion yesterday.

Before, I've never checked the orders that we receive from the buyers. I trust them to process and send everything that is being asked for.

I've received multiple complaints of orders not being fully delivered in recent months, but I'd always thought it was because they were out of stock.

Yesterday, when one buyer gave me two designs to check, both of which were listed in her previous two orders, I discovered we had plenty of those in stock.

Blame, firstly, falls on myself for being too lax.

Being a complete newbie in management, I'd expected the workers to do their jobs just because my mum, their ex-boss, is dying.

If not for me, do it for her, right?

But no, they had to slack despite knowing that the more they work now during this peak period, the larger the bonus I pay them.

I'm too trusting but they, as middle-aged women with children, should have understood the meaning of "obligations" better than I do.

No wonder they're still stuck with a part-time job at this stage of their lives.

I don't want to micromanage.

I don't have a choice now.












I've finally got a reply from Mindef.

It wasn't from Mindef directly, and they didn't give me an answer in black and white.

Whatever.

My interpretation of the answer I've received, which may or may not be accurate, is that they don't even want to clarify what is and isn't allowed to be discussed.

I understand.

Therefore I'll keep it off my blog.

After all, I'm in no position to argue - there isn't a single star on my rank epaulette.

Nobody wants these 909 rants to disappear all of a sudden, least of all myself.














Youtube has surprisingly many girls using their looks to make really bad reply videos that are basically... empty, kinda like that chick whose videos are just her staring into the camera.

Except there are words for these video replies.

Why bother?











Steam Xmas sale is up and I made several impulsive decisions to buy games that I don't really want.

Bunch of Heroes was a particularly bad choice, and it's only the first day of the sale which will end on New Years Day next year.

The game itself really isn't bad, but it just crashes too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment